-A Child Is Waiting
-Elmer Gantry
-Birdman of Alcatraz
-The Professionals
-Come Back, Little Sheba
-The Leopard
-Seven Days in May
-Sweet Smell of Success

Good choices. Besides all his great pre-1960 roles, I'm particularly fond of Atlantic City (1980). He also gave a good performance in Local Hero (1983).

IMO Lancaster was one of the most fascinating of the 20th Century actors. He was able to play a mild but strong or menacing character as well as anyone. He was surprisingly good in his few comedic roles as well.

Please Quote/Tag Or I'll Miss Your Responses
Good choices. Besides all his great pre-1960 roles, I'm particularly fond of Atlantic City (1980). He also gave a good performance in Local Hero (1983).

IMO Lancaster was one of the most fascinating of the 20th Century actors. He was able to play a mild but strong or menacing character as well as anyone. He was surprisingly good in his few comedic roles as well.

Yeah, he was in a lot of good movies, too. I don't know how familiar you are with Louis Malle, but "Atlantic City" didn't feel like a "Louis Malle" movie. He did "My Dinner With Andre" the year after I think, and even in English, it feels like something he'd do. "From Here To Eternity" is another good one, but have only seen it once many years ago.

I haven't seen "Local Hero", but I've added it to my watch-list. Thanks!

Yeah, he was in a lot of good movies, too. I don't know how familiar you are with Louis Malle, but "Atlantic City" didn't feel like a "Louis Malle" movie. He did "My Dinner With Andre" the year after I think, and even in English, it feels like something he'd do. "From Here To Eternity" is another good one, but have only seen it once many years ago.

I haven't seen "Local Hero", but I've added it to my watch-list. Thanks!
I've seen a few of Malle's films, but I don't have a feel for what his direction style is like.

I agree that From Here to Eternity is one of Lancaster's best.

I've seen a few of Malle's films, but I don't have a feel for what his direction style is like.

I agree that From Here to Eternity is one of Lancaster's best.

Did you see "The Sign of the Leo"? It was one of the last great movies I've seen.. 9/10.

I think you'd like the documentary "Place de la Republique". Malle goes around Paris asking random people provocative questions. It's one of my favorite documentaries - I love the social stuff.. Just like "Chronicles of a Summer" and the "Seven-Up" series.

Did you see "The Sign of the Leo"? It was one of the last great movies I've seen.. 9/10.

I think you'd like the documentary "Place de la Republique". Malle goes around Paris asking random people provocative questions. It's one of my favorite documentaries - I love the social stuff.. Just like "Chronicles of a Summer" and the "Seven-Up" series
No, I haven't seen either of these films. But 1962's Le Signe du Lion was directed by Eric Rohmer I believe. Maybe that's a different film. I'll see if I can find them.

No, I haven't seen either of these films. But 1962's Le Signe du Lion was directed by Eric Rohmer I believe. Maybe that's a different film. I'll see if I can find them.
Yes, thats the movie. I guess its by Rohmer. It's a great one.
I did a search. It's on Archives.org, and on YouTube where you can use subtitles (or find them on various sites)

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
For older movies, Cary Grant and James Stewart were both in a lot of great movies.

Cary Grant was in North by Northwest (1959), To Catch a Thief (1955), Charade (1963), His Girl Friday (1940), The Philadelphia Story (1940), An Affair to Remember (1957), and more.

James Stewart was in It's a Wonderful Life (1946), Rear Window (1954), Vertigo (1958), Mr. Smith Goes to Washington (1939), Harvey (1950), The Man Who Shot Liberty Valance (1962), The Philadelphia Story (1940), and more.

For more recent movies, Harrison Ford was in a lot of great movies. He was in the Star Wars movies, the Indiana Jones movies, the Blade Runner movies, and the Jack Ryan movies Patriot Games (1992) and Clear and Present Danger (1994), plus The Fugitive (1993), Air Force One (1997), Witness (1985), Working Girl (1988), and more.

For me, Harrison Ford: Star Wars, Raiders of the Lost Ark, Blade Runner, Empire Strikes Back, Return of the Jedi. He's also been in some very good "non-great" movies like Fugitive, Frantic, and the Last Crusade.

Tom Hanks: Been in some good ones, like Road to Perdition and Cast Away, but the only "great" movies I've seen him in are the Toy Storys.

Jack Nicholson has been in a few as well: Batman, Chinatown, and The Shining.

Tom Hanks: Cast Away, Forrest Gump, Saving Private Ryan, Captain Phillips

Robert De Niro

Al Pacino

Leonardo DiCaprio