The Batman

Tools    

That costume looks worse than Bale's (and his second one looked less like Batman than the first)!
Whereas the Bat-Fleck costume seemed to be a step back in the right direction (not as far as a costume an actor could move in, but a costume that looked like the character in the comics).

Movie Forums Squirrel Jumper
Oh really, I thought that Bale's costumes looked the best perhaps. Or Keatons. But Affleck's looked good too. I am excited for this one cause we get The Riddler and Catwoman (two of my favorite Batman villains), both in the same movie.

I hope this new series does not have Joker in it. Not that mind Joker at all, but I feel he has been done to death at this point, and they should re-use other villains now. Poison Ivy would be good too for a sequel.

Would love to see Man-Bat at some point in a live action movie.
They got the technology these days to make it possible.

I would too, that would be good. I would like to see perhaps Mr. Freeze as well.

“Sugar is the most important thing in my life…”
BAS styled Mr. Freeze would be the best.

I can't think of a comp to Rickman, but someone with his essence.

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
They need to bring out the most underrated Batman villain of all-time.

Condiment King

Suspect's Reviews

Oh really, I thought that Bale's costumes looked the best perhaps. Or Keatons. But Affleck's looked good too. I am excited for this one cause we get The Riddler and Catwoman (two of my favorite Batman villains), both in the same movie.

I hope this new series does not have Joker in it. Not that mind Joker at all, but I feel he has been done to death at this point, and they should re-use other villains now. Poison Ivy would be good too for a sequel.
I liked Keaton's second costume because they got the bat symbol in the front right and they made the cowl much better fitting and cooler looking than in the first movie.

I liked Val Kilmer's costume - I thought the cowl was perfect, but the overly exaggerated bio-look of the body sculpt was off-putting (and of course the nipples!!!). If they'd just kept a more modest looking torso like in the '89 film, Kilmer's costume would have been near perfect.

I liked Keaton's second costume because they got the bat symbol in the front right and they made the cowl much better fitting and cooler looking than in the first movie.

I liked Val Kilmer's costume - I thought the cowl was perfect, but the overly exaggerated bio-look of the body sculpt was off-putting (and of course the nipples!!!). If they'd just kept a more modest looking torso like in the '89 film, Kilmer's costume would have been near perfect.

That's the weird thing with Keaton's suits.
The original was a body sculpture, then the Return's costume was armour plating... then they went with body sculpture again for Kilmer.

Bale's first suit was the best I think of the two he used. The cowl was dodgy though as like with the other costumes, the head couldn't turn.

I prefer Bale's second cowl. They fixed the neck meaning he could turn his head properly.
Bale's second suit was too slimline. Batman's a brute, not a slim middleweight.

If they'd had Bale's first suit, with the second cowl in the second 2 movies, as in, bulky body with a turn-able head, he'd be almost perfect.

I never actually realised until seeing that pic though that they changed BatFleck's outfit between BvS and JL.
The first one from BvS was awesome though and definitely my favourite Batsuit so far out of all the movies.
It was like a body armour with a fine chain-mail over-suit. Means he can turn his head because the chain-mail made it look like one solid piece when it was in fact separate pieces underneath.

BatFleck's cowl also wasn't symmetrical. The eyebrows were different giving him a quizzical look all the time with one eyebrow raised

They also got the voice right with BatFleck and the electronic device in the cowl's throat-piece.

Welcome to the human race...
I like the idea of his gear being extra homemade instead of just a load of unused military-grade technology that's painted black.

I actually really like the look of the car, I agree with Iro about the homemade look too

BAS styled Mr. Freeze would be the best.

I can't think of a comp to Rickman, but someone with his essence.
Alan Tudyk? Think he'd be interesting

Actually, now that I see all the suits side by side, I think I might like Kilmer's the best.

That's the weird thing with Keaton's suits.
The original was a body sculpture, then the Return's costume was armour plating... then they went with body sculpture again for Kilmer.

Bale's first suit was the best I think of the two he used. The cowl was dodgy though as like with the other costumes, the head couldn't turn.

I prefer Bale's second cowl. They fixed the neck meaning he could turn his head properly.
Bale's second suit was too slimline. Batman's a brute, not a slim middleweight.

If they'd had Bale's first suit, with the second cowl in the second 2 movies, as in, bulky body with a turn-able head, he'd be almost perfect.

I never actually realised until seeing that pic though that they changed BatFleck's outfit between BvS and JL.
The first one from BvS was awesome though and definitely my favourite Batsuit so far out of all the movies.
It was like a body armour with a fine chain-mail over-suit. Means he can turn his head because the chain-mail made it look like one solid piece when it was in fact separate pieces underneath.

BatFleck's cowl also wasn't symmetrical. The eyebrows were different giving him a quizzical look all the time with one eyebrow raised

They also got the voice right with BatFleck and the electronic device in the cowl's throat-piece.
I agree with most of this.

I also thought Bale looked too skinny especially in the second suit. I also didn't like the armor-plating look. One thing that bothered me about the Bale suits was the cape - it looked like it was made of felt in all the movies which just threw the ensemble off. (I thought the leather look - like bat wings - of the capes in previous movies were much better looking).

The opening on Bale's cowl always looked too small and wrongly shaped (almost circular as opposed to an opening for his chin) - if you blur your eyes it almost looks like big white clown lips!

As to the issue of making the actor more mobile and comfortable - in reality a crime fighter wouldn't wear anything like this - masks obcure pereferal vision so much as to make even mundane tasks dangerous, capes (well, we all saw The Incredibles, so 'nuff said!), even gloves which protect the hands (I wear them for outdoor work) severely limit capability - you can't pick up anything small with them on, you can't use a cell phone, work your car radio, or tie a shoe with gloves on.

So, for me, the movie is a fantasy (the whole concept is highly infeasable) so the character should look like he's intended to rather than trying to make him look functional.

I feel like the shape of the bat in the first four movies looks better than the Nolan bat. Was Nolan not allowed to use the previous bat shape perhaps, or did he just not want to?

The trick is not minding
I feel like the shape of the bat in the first four movies looks better than the Nolan bat. Was Nolan not allowed to use the previous bat shape perhaps, or did he just not want to?
Probably didn’t want to.

Oh okay, cause I felt it was still a much better bat shape.

Batman is owned by Warner Bros. / DC - so if they used anything else in relation to the character then they could have used the symbol.

I agree - the chest emblem was virtually invisible in the Nolan films.

That would never work..too many criminals for one movie heck the thing would have to be five hours long.