Television Tab

Tools    

⬆️ Till Death Us Do Part. Never seen an episode of this.

I watched the first episode of Harley Quinn.... I'm not sure how I feel about it. The animation was good, but the comedy was just okay.

Will start with the British detective stuff once the Oscars are over and the great lull of movies happen till at least October.

Just finished season 8 of Father Brown. It was fun.On Vera next.

I love Father Brown. I liked that they moved the Flambeau episode to the middle of the series rather than leaving it till last. It's guaranteed one more series as well.

@hell_storm2004 if you like the feel of that series, then take a look at Shakespeare & Hathaway, The Coroner or WPC 56. All made by the same people.

Agatha Raisin also has that comic-murder mystery genre feel.

Awesome will check it out. I thought you would mention Grantchester. But I am all up-to-date on that!!!

Mark Williams plays a father here... In one of George Gently episodes, he played a pedo!!! I was like.... WTF??????

Under the weather (to put it mildly) since Thursday so have been in bed binge-watching these 2 reality shows. HUGELY mindless & entertaining.

So here's a run down of what I'm watching week to week atm.

Neighbours (obviously. It's always #1 and we're approaching the 35 anniversary so lots will be happening)
The Great British Throw Down (Like Bake-Off for ceramics and I love it. I've even gotten used to one of the judges crying virtually every episode. I think of it like a Hollywood Handshake)
Charlie's Angels Season 5 (I'm not sure I've seen these since they were first broadcast over here but I'm really enjoying them. Sadly Kelly comes across more and more motherly in seasons 4 and 5, which is annoying because she's the sexiest Angel of the lot. Not including the films, of course. )
Shakespeare & Hathaway (The 2.15pm BBC1 slot is the perfect home for this detective series with more Shakespeare references than are ever needed or probably spotted by all but the biggest Bard geeks.)
Richard Osman's House Of Games (I love this programme. The chemistry between the contestants and the overall feel of the programme works so well. It really is a pleasure to watch. I think there's been another 100 episodes ordered so that's the end of the year sorted.)
8 Out Of 10 Cats (I know a lot of people don't like it as much without Sean and Jon, but I'm ok with it. I could do without the game part, though sometimes I do enjoy that too.)
Celebrity Come Dine With Me (I love CDWM in almost all it's guises. (Don't really do the couples one, but that's a format issue.) and the mix of guests for the first week were fantastic even though I didn't think I'd like it too much.
Only Connect (The king, (or should that be queen?) of quizzes IMO. A very different animal to the other quizzes on TV but that's why it works so well for me. Well, that and Victoria Coren-Mitchell)
Snowfall (Why isn't this a bigger deal? If you've not tried it, give it a go.)
Would I Lie To You? (Consistantly one of the funniest programmes on TV)
King Gary (I know it's gotten some stick for its characters being too cartoonish or fake, but I've known these people. I don't think it's mocking them or sending them up, it's just reflecting. Within the necessities of a half hour comedy show, of course.
QI (It's QI. There's been a couple of odd episodes, but on the whole it delivers what I expect)
Top Gear (Really starting to find its rhythm now with this combo. I liked Matt doing the show and his relationship with Chris, but this has had me laughing more)
First & Last (Stupid gameshow I can't help but like. Like a C21st Pets Win Prizes in terms of nonesense)

I started watching the show Baskets starring Zack Galifianakis. It's really quite funny. There are a lot of typical Galifianakis pratfalls. He plays Chip, a man who prides himself in taking the role of being a clown to an art form. His life is a mess and he's a pretty pathetic clown, but he manages to scrape by. Martha Kelly plays an awkward friend who helps Chip out and constantly speaks in a dry flat monotone manner. Louie Anderson is probably my favorite person in this show so far. He plays Chip's overweight mother and does a great job of smothering him with annoying motherly cliches.

Finished Vera Season 10 this weekend. I have to say this is the one detective which has kept its pace for 10 seasons. Most of the others, the stories seem to fall flat by now. Off to do Death in Paradise or Endeavour!

I love Father Brown. I liked that they moved the Flambeau episode to the middle of the series rather than leaving it till last. It's guaranteed one more series as well.

@hell_storm2004 if you like the feel of that series, then take a look at Shakespeare & Hathaway, The Coroner or WPC 56. All made by the same people.

Agatha Raisin also has that comic-murder mystery genre feel.
Is the Shakespeare thingy one episode one story. I stopped watching Shetland coz by season they started doing long drawn out stories spanning the whole season.

Is the Shakespeare thingy one episode one story. I stopped watching Shetland coz by season they started doing long drawn out stories spanning the whole season.
Yes. Like Father Brown, there's continuation of characters but it's minimal and, so far, pretty much restricted to the two detectives and their assistant, police officers and a couple of characters. Otherwise, it's one story/case per episode.

Brilliant! Added to the list! I will start once I finish Grantchester this week!

The truth is in here
Mr. Ed (2004)

The premise is similiar to the original. Wilbur Post (well, Pope in this version actually) gets a horse to come live with him and his wife. But it's not just any kind of horse: It can talk! As you expect, Ed gets him into all sorts of trouble with Wilbur trying to straighten out the mess.

They add a teenage daughter this time though, probably to appeal more to a younger audience. Does she add anything to the show? Zilch. It's pretty much the most generic teen character you can possibly imagine. Just remembered they have a son too, but he's so utterly forgettable I almost forgot to mention him in this review at all.

And instead of the hilarious neighbors Roger and Kay Addison, whose bickering was a joy to behold, we have an annoying stupid creep who unashamedly harrasses and makes passes at Wilbur's wife.

The production is very odd to say the least, mixing in music which sounds like something from Disney Channel with very adult jokes. I don't have anything against adult humor, but juxtaposed with the corny and intrusive soundtrack it just comes off as out-of-place more than anything.

The acting is very bad. David Alan Basche COMPLETELY lacks charm as Wilbur. Alan Young was friendly and endearing in the role, Basche's portrayal is so over-the-top he makes him look like an obnoxious manchild instead. Sara Paxton as the daughter Amanda is awful as well, reading every line in the exact same exaggerated manner. She was probably complaining to her parents the whole time how much longer she'd have to spend time on this set.

Sherman Hemsley does try to have some fun as Mister Ed, and to be fair he provides the few amusing lines that are there. But his voice still doesn't fit somehow. You can't really picture that voice coming out of that horse's mouth.

Sherilyn Fenn sadly comes off as directionless. I know when she's given a great script she can be amazing, but you can tell that she didn't believe the material she was given.

Overall, I'm glad this didn't take off. Mister Ed is a classic sitcom which always makes me laugh and smile when I watch it. With this however, I chuckled out of disbelief at best, other times rolled my eyes and groaned.

Inside No. 9 (S.5)

Fifth season in and it's as brilliant as ever. But I have to say, episode 5 "Thinking Out Loud" is one of the best episodes of the series. The reviews are a mixed bag, with some people complaining about the dumbest things. But hey, to each his own. Personally, I dug the hell out of it. Haven't felt this tense watching a show in a while. These two never cease to amaze me.

Simply put, it's a British dark comedy anthology series. Tends to lean more toward the Horror genre.

Finished first season of 'Sons of Anarchy' considering if I'm going to watch second season or not.
The acting is not special, the more I dig into series the more I realize how good 'The Sopranos' were.

⬆️ Briefly, what is it about. Is it British?
If you liked League Of Gentlemen or Psychoville then I think you'll like it. I'm sure it's quality, but I just don't like anything these guys do.