Rate The Last Movie You Saw

Tools    

Jackie Chan's City Hunter and I will give it a %100 because it is so funny

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.

Queen of Snakes (Christopher R. Mihm, 2019)
4/10
Soy Nero (Rafi Pitts, 2016)
6/10
It Came from Another World! (Christopher R. Mihm, 2007)
- 5/10
Return of the Jedi (Richard Marquand, 1983)
8/10

Luke attends his dad's funeral.
The Gunfighter (Eric Kissack, 2014)
8/10
After The Screaming Stops (Joe Pearlman & David Soutar, 2018)
6/10
SuperGrid (Lowell Dean, 2018)
5/10
Just Write (Andrew Gallerani, 1997)
6/10
[IMG][/IMG]
Hollywood tour bus driver Jeremy Piven agrees to rewrite movie star Sherilyn Fenn's screenplay although she thinks he's really a screenwriter.
Step Off the Block (William Adams, 2017)
5/10
Nancy Drew and the Hidden Staircase (Katt Shea, 2019)
6/10
Radioflash (Benjamin McPherson, 2019)
+ 5/10
Mrs. Doubtfire (Chris Columbus, 1993)
7/10

Before they got the make-up right, Mrs; Doubtfire looked like Babs.
The Last Laugh (Greg Pritikin, 2019)
+ 5/10
Our Town AKA Waga machi (Yûzô Kawashima, 1956)
6/10
Jem and the Holograms (Jon M. Chu, 2015)
5/10
The Phantom Menace (George Lucas, 1999)
6.5/10

Obi-Wan takes on Darth Maul.
Hitsville: The Making of Motown (Benjamin Turner & Gabe Turner, 2019)
7/10
The Riot and the Dance: Earth (N. D. Wilson, 2018)
5.5/10
Intruders AKA Shut In (Adam Schindler, 2015)
+ 5/10
Faster (George Tillman Jr, 2010)
6/10

Revenge, plot twists and speed highlight this Dwayne Johnson thriller.

Cheyenne Autumn (1964)

I watched this because it's directed by John Ford and it has a good cast. It's a historical western that I believe has some truth behind it, and it's certainly a moving and important story. It's a very well made film, but it is 2 and 1/2 hours long and it didn't exactly keep me glued to the screen and it won't stick in my memory.

Funny, this is one of the very few westerns that Edward G. Robinson did in his entire career. I think there were only 3 or 4.

Account terminated on request
Ok, so the rating system puts the 5th popcorn "star" at the top and divides from the rest? His 5.0 should be 2.5 popcorns, no?
They'll say "I don't care if he's a poet or cowboy, so long as he's a nice guy. But oh, I'm so attracted to that bad guy over there."
Understand this last part, and you'll get them all.

Ok, so the rating system puts the 5th popcorn "star" at the top and divides from the rest? His 5.0 should be 2.5 popcorns, no?
On MoFo, a 5 popcorn rating
would equal a 10 at IMDB or in other words a perfect score. Some of us rate lower, some higher. Me, I'd give an average film that I thought was decent a

Southpaw, I really enjoyed this film.

Took my kids to see Sonic yesterday. I found it enjoyable enough as it had two of my favourite things from my youth in the 90's, Sonic and a zany Jim Carrey.

“I was cured, all right!”
I love Sátántangó very much, but the scenes with the cat were really hard to watch.
Yeah, that annoys me, during that scene I thought I couldn't take anymore, I almost stopped the movie. Tarr once claimed that the cat was fine and was not injured, but boy it looks real. I still hate that girl so much ... ha-ha

Hard Ticket to Hawaii 5/5

On MoFo, a 5 popcorn rating
would equal a 10 at IMDB or in other words a perfect score. Some of us rate lower, some higher. Me, I'd give an average film that I thought was decent a
Inside the [ rating ] tags, you specify a rating like this:

rating_3

or

rating_2_5

(etc.)

A rating of 2.5 looks like this:

If the 0 to 5 rating is a 0 to 10, then nominally a 5/10 should be the same as a 2.5/5, no?

But I think the ratings are actually more of how we were graded in school. F/D/C/B/A, with F at 1 star.

For whatever reason this classic was not one of the Disney flicks were the extended family would pile into the family truckster and head off to the drive in to watch on one of it's re-releases. Therefore I had never seen it before and now I know why. While it may be a family friendly movie I'm pretty sure that within the first 30 minutes all the kids would've been going haywire at the playground and not watching the movie. I think it's good, not great, but am fairly certain that a 5 y/o Hey Fred isn't going to sit still for this one (at least not when there's a jungle gym and swings sitting atop some nice sharp gravel nearby). Favorite part was the chimney sweep number. That was good. One of the classic movies I can check off as finally having seen.

Inside the [ rating ] tags, you specify a rating like this:

rating_3

or

rating_2_5

(etc.)

A rating of 2.5 looks like this:

If the 0 to 5 rating is a 0 to 10, then nominally a 5/10 should be the same as a 2.5/5, ?
Yes that is all correct.

But I think the ratings are actually more of how we were graded in school. F/D/C/B/A, with F at 1 star.
That's an interesting idea and I suppose that's what I sort of do, only I don't think about the letter grade in my head when I give a popcorn rating. But most movies I watch I would call decent/average or a C so I give them a
. However other people tend to score movies a bit lower when they find them C average

Yes that is all correct.

That's an interesting idea and I suppose that's what I sort of do, only I don't think about the letter grade in my head when I give a popcorn rating. But most movies I watch I would call decent/average or a C so I give them a
. However other people tend to score movies a bit lower when they find them C average
Yeah, further: If people score a 7/10, they might be thinking of a paper in school graded at 70%. But mathematically (using the rating tag), that turns into a 3.5 (
) which really looks like B territory to me.

(Trying to not let the engineer in me run amok too awfully much.)

Yeah, further: If people score a 7/10, they might be thinking of a paper in school graded at 70%. But mathematically (using the rating tag), that turns into a 3.5 (
) which really looks like B territory to me.

(Trying to not let the engineer in me run amok too awfully much.)
I'm not surprised to hear you are an engineer They tend to be very detailed orientated (that's a compliment btw). But I think most of us just wing it, when it comes to ratings.