Rate The Last Movie You Saw

Tools    

Drunken Master (1978, Woo-Ping Yuen)

Stunning fight choreography and training scenes, lovely chemistry between Jackie and Yuen Siu-tien - always a fun movie to watch.
Classic!

Satantango (1994)
Absolute masterpiece! Give it a chance despite the long duration and subtitles.

Absolutely. This film is a work of art.

Drunken Master (1978, Woo-Ping Yuen)

Stunning fight choreography and training scenes, lovely chemistry between Jackie and Yuen Siu-tien - always a fun movie to watch.
Classic!
Love it!

Pretty good western about Buck (Poitier), a former Union soldier who helps former slaves navigate their way westward. When a bunch of Confederate raiders loot one of the caravans under his watch he feels obligated to right the wrong. Along the way he meets the Preacher (Belafonte) and the two form an unlikely team who seek a bit of Frontier Justice. Belafonte kind of steals the show and is really good as the Preacher. At first I didn't like him much (had nothing to do with his baked beans teeth and constant grinning) but as you get to know him and his story he really is a great character. Enjoyed this quite a bit.

Avengers Endgame 9 out of 10

Lady Bird (2017)

Finally decided to watch this after seeing it on so many people's "best" lists, and I'll say it was underwhelming. I can't find anything wrong with the film, it was just rather unremarkable in every way I look at it. The characters are enjoyable, but there weren't any particular moments or scenes that I expect to call memorable.

One of the best films ever made!!!
I love Sátántangó very much, but the scenes with the cat were really hard to watch.

Lady Bird (2017)
I know I finished it, which says something for me, but I can’t recollect a single scene.

Are you gonna bark all day, little doggy?
Midsommar, 5/10

Well-directed but ultimately boring, predictable, and pointless. I did not feel as if there were any strong, fleshed-out characters nor did I get the sense that there was a vision or a strong storyline.

It just went from one weird/gruesome scene to the next, and expects viewers to be satisfied with just that. Once you've seen enough films, that kind of stuff just doesn't move you anymore.

American Beauty: 3/10. I like Mendes as a director but this might be my least fave film of his, controversially (it was the 2000 Oscars Best Picture Winner).

I've yet to see Jarhead, Away We Go and Road to Perdition though.

Berlin Syndrome (2017)

Interesting thriller about an obsessive man who wants to completely control a girl he had a passionate tryst with. Initially it seems like fear of abandonment but this guy has serious issues and is not scared of exploiting his "prize" physically and sexually. Reminded me alot of the book "The Collector" by John Fowles (I have never seen the film). Its shot very well and effectively and both actors in the main roles are excellent (bl00dy h£ll, Teresa Palmer don't half remind me of Kirtsen Stewart!!!).

Cheyenne Autumn (1964)

I watched this because it's directed by John Ford and it has a good cast. It's a historical western that I believe has some truth behind it, and it's certainly a moving and important story. It's a very well made film, but it is 2 and 1/2 hours long and it didn't exactly keep me glued to the screen and it won't stick in my memory.

Red State (2011)

Kevin Smith film of parts concerning a Phelps-style religious organisation. Overall not bad but wonder why Smith decided to crank down the high tension of the 1st 3rd of the film to become more of a Fed/ATF procedural.

Last Train from Gun Hill 1959 Directed by John Sturges

-
I didn't care for that movie much, but Carolyn Jones looks good there!

Cheyenne Autumn (1964)

I watched this because it's directed by John Ford and it has a good cast. It's a historical western that I believe has some truth behind it, and it's certainly a moving and important story. It's a very well made film, but it is 2 and 1/2 hours long and it didn't exactly keep me glued to the screen and it won't stick in my memory.
I liked this movie a bit more, but it was overly long. I might rewatch before the countdown and one of these days I'm going to finish watching John Ford filmography.

The True History of the Kelly Gang (2019)

Aimless adaptation of Peter Careys novel. Some decent parts but overall it doesn't stand together. The editing seems rushed and there seems a few aspects put in to sensationalize the story. No arguments wit the main actors but really underwhelming.