The Baker's Dozen Movie Game Thread

Tools    

13 Movies that feature a femme fatale character. Name the actor and Post an image.

1) The Last Seduction - Linda Fiorentino
2) Black Widow (1987) - Theresa Russell
3) Double Indemnity (1944) - Barbara Stanwyck
4} Basic Instinct (Sharon Stone)
5. Fatal Attraction - Glenn Close
6. Body Heat - Kathleen Turner
7. Gilda - Rita Hayworth
8. Teeth - Jess Weixler
9. L.A. Confidiential - Kim Basinger
10. Dead Men Don't Wear Plaid - Rachel Ward

13 Movies that feature a femme fatale character. Name the actor and Post an image.

7. Gilda - Rita Hayworth
8. Teeth - Jess Weixler
11. The Blue Dahlia - Veronica Lake

Account terminated on request

Does that count as a femme fatale? I might be wrong, but I had thought of her character less the downfall of the protagonist and more simply being rescued by him. If she weren't the edgy hooker, I would have placed her closer to the Damsel in Distress cliche.
They'll say "I don't care if he's a poet or cowboy, so long as he's a nice guy. But oh, I'm so attracted to that bad guy over there."
Understand this last part, and you'll get them all.

Does that count as a femme fatale? I might be wrong, but I had thought of her character less the downfall of the protagonist and more simply being rescued by him. If she weren't the edgy hooker, I would have placed her closer to the Damsel in Distress cliche.
I was kinda asking myself a similiar question tbh when that was listed. While I wouldn't call her a damsel in distress, she is surrounded by death. Sue, Pierce, Buzz - literally the first 3 characters who are with her in the car shortly after she first meets Bud White in the Bottleshop, and even White's partner Stensland, are all not long for this earth.

Even though there is no direct link to her and these deaths, she is aware of her role, which sometimes requires having to play one against the other, for whatever reason. Beside the illusion of glamour, Lynn Bracken is part of a underworld, where even though ahe is smart enough to not take the poison pill of temptation, literally Fluer-de-Lis' 'whatever you desire', she has no doubt seen what happens to so many that do, it is all around her, and she exists aware and knowingly.

Bracken is still very much a dangerous woman to know by virtue of the world she lives in, those around her and having survived in that world for some time, even before the events in the movie, that these would not be the first unfortunates who have had dealings with Lynn who would have found themselves compromized, addicted, beaten or even ended up on a slab in the morgue.

So, while I wouldn;t characterize her as a damsel in distress and perhaps not the strictest sense a Femme Fatale either, but a dangerous woman to be involved with, none the less, \nd while perhaps not the downfall of the protagonist, no doubt has lead to many downfalls beforehand and you do see glimpses of these throughout the movie, with Bracken playing a pivotal part. So I can see both sides of the arguement, that she is a femme fatale, and I suppose not, at the same time.

7. Gilda - Rita Hayworth
8. Teeth - Jess Weixler
12. The Maltese Falcon - Mary Astor

7. Gilda - Rita Hayworth
8. Teeth - Jess Weixler
12. The Maltese Falcon - Mary Astor
13. The Postman Always Rings Twice - Lana Turner

Starting a new one...

List 13 Films that the title of the movie is also a title of a song - they don't need to be related/connected:
(Post movie poster and song link)

1. Pretty in Pink

Ghouls, vampires, werewolves... let's party.
List 13 Films that the title of the movie is also a title of a song - they don't need to be related/connected:

1. Pretty in Pink
2. I Wanna Hold Your Hand

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.

1. Pretty in Pink
3. Every Which Way But Loose (1978)

1. Pretty in Pink
4. Serenity

1. Pretty in Pink
4. Serenity
5. Zombie

1. Pretty in Pink
4. Serenity
5. Zombie
6. Some Kind of Wonderful (1987)

(video on youtube at watch?v=RWrlaEIcswU)
Attachments
Click image for larger version

Name:	MV5BOTg2NmQxNzEtNmUyYi00MGQyLTkwZmYtOTU2MWM5ZmY1OTRmXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTQxNzMzNDI@._V1_SY1000_CR0,.jpg
Views:	62
Size:	168.3 KB
ID:	60538  

1. Pretty in Pink
4. Serenity
5. Zombie
7. A Hard Day's Night

1. Pretty in Pink
4. Serenity
5. Zombie
7. A Hard Day's Night
8. Breakfast at Tiffany's

1. Pretty in Pink
4. Serenity
5. Zombie
7. A Hard Day's Night
9. Breathe

1. Pretty in Pink
4. Serenity
5. Zombie
7. A Hard Day's Night
9. Breathe
10. Man on the Moon

“Let me tell you something you already know. The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place and I don't care how tough you are, it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain't about how hard ya hit. It's about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward. How much you can take and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done!” ~ Rocky Balboa

1. Pretty in Pink
4. Serenity
5. Zombie
7. A Hard Day's Night
9. Breathe
10. Man on the Moon
11. Children of the Revolution

1. Pretty in Pink
4. Serenity
5. Zombie
7. A Hard Day's Night
9. Breathe
10. Man on the Moon
12. Some Like It Hot

Song video on YouTube at watch?v=Hw1t7OCESUw

1. Pretty in Pink
4. Serenity
5. Zombie
7. A Hard Day's Night
9. Breathe
10. Man on the Moon
12. Some Like It Hot
13. Demolition Man

13 Movies that feature characters who are related to each other played by actors who are related to each other in real life (Post image or video of the characters/actors, name the actors, identify the relationship):

1. Wall Street (Martin & Charlie Sheen, Father/Son)