Who or What is that in your Avatar Picture?

Tools    

William Holden as Pike Bishop in Sam Peckinpah's The Wild Bunch
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

Legend in my own mind
Jack Nicholson playing Frank Costello in 'The Departed'.

Also quoted in my sig,

Account terminated on request
Mine is a message of how to look for the weakest link in any multi-step endeavor. Probably pounded into me from my endless involvement in [sometimes painful] startups I guess.
They'll say "I don't care if he's a poet or cowboy, so long as he's a nice guy. But oh, I'm so attracted to that bad guy over there."
Understand this last part, and you'll get them all.

LOL, I'm assuming u changed ur picture right before u put King Kong as ur pic

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
My avatar is Gene Wilder and Harrison Ford in a scene from my favorite western comedy The Frisco Kid (1979).

Smurf

Account terminated on request
LOL, I'm assuming u changed ur picture right before u put King Kong as ur pic
Well he's not using Kong anymore. As of this post, his icon is a gif of one of my favorite scenes ever:

In the theater, (I saw it when it first came out), it was so refreshing that people were talking about it for weeks. You couldn't mention that movie without that scene coming up.

As with all iconic scenes that become so strongly embedded in movie going that they become cliches, it's all too easy to forget just how hysterical this was at the time.

And yes, the story of Harrison Ford having a whopping case of the @#$%s being the reason for it all is true.

Dan Duryea one of my favorite character actors.
Ah, the only things I know him from are Flight of the Pheonix (1965) and that episode of the Twilight Zone where he played the drunk gunfighter. (Looks like he did mostly westerns which is probably why I'm not too familiar with him.)

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
Dan Duryea one of my favorite character actors.
Ah, the only things I know him from are Flight of the Pheonix (1965) and that episode of the Twilight Zone where he played the drunk gunfighter. (Looks like he did mostly westerns which is probably why I'm not too familiar with him.)

In addition to his western movies, Dan Duryea was also in a lot of film noir movies.

In addition to his western movies, Dan Duryea was also in a lot of film noir movies.
And, if I'm not getting muxed ip, his nephew, Ian, was quite a well known singer alongside his backing group The Blockheads in the 70s - which is a third reason to be cheerful.

Just a bit of weird synchronicity - my mom had a recent fall, so while recuperating I've been trying to find movies on TCM (On Demand) for her to watch - the only movie options we have currently.
So I just put one on called: The Valley of Decision (1945) and darned if Dan Duryea's name wasn't in the opening credits!

⬆️ Hope your mother is feeling better.