Freeman vs. Washington vs. Smith

Tools    

Who is the greatest African American actor of all time?

Freeman: Driving Miss Daisy, Glory, Seven, Unforgiven, The Shawshank Redemption, Invictus, Million Dollar Baby

Washington: Glory, Training Day, American Gangster, The Hurricane, Remember the Titans, Fences, The Great Debators

Smith: Ali, Independence Day, The Pursuit of Happiness, Men in Black, I Robot, I am Legend, Suicide Squad

2022 Mofo Fantasy Football Champ
Denzel at the top, but Morgan Freeman is also one of my favorites of all time.

Will Smith for me is great too in the sense of mastering the popcorn flick roles. Of course I also thought he was fantastic in Pursuit of Happyness and Seven Pounds.

Se correr o bicho pega. Se ficar o bicho come.
Denzel

Where do you think the Bahamas are and how do you think his ancestors got there
It's pretty clear the op is talking about African Americans meaning people from the United States of African descent, as that's traditionally used and going by his examples. The Bahamas is not part of the United States.

Guess he could mean from North America of African descent but it's so rarely used like that and it doesn't match any of his examples. Only he can clarify what he meant but Rodent's thoughts aren't silly there.

It's pretty clear the op is talking about African Americans meaning people from the United States of African descent, as that's traditionally used and going by his examples. The Bahamas is not part of the United States.

Guess he could mean from North America of African descent but it's so rarely used like that and it doesn't match any of his examples. Only he can clarify what he meant but Rodent's thoughts aren't silly there.
He wasn't born in the Bahamas, his parents were from the Bahamas. He was born in Miami, he worked as a dishwasher in New York City in the 1940's, he fought for the US during WWII.

Freeman

Originally Posted by Iroquois
To be fair, you have to have a fairly high IQ to understand MovieForums.com.

Freeman voice is such a great part of who he is. Freeman can roll out of bed and give an epic speech about Dental Floss.

However if we are going greatest African American Actor of all time its a tie between Sidney Poitier or James Earle Jones.

I would say Freeman for Seven and Shawshank Redemption... but I say Washington.

Training Day, John Q, American Gangster, Man on Fire, Flight..... yes Denzel is wonderful!

“Hell will hold no surprises for you.”
Denzel.

I think he surpassed Morgan years ago and Will Smith doesn't come close. Sidney Poitier is better than Smith too.

1 Morgan Freeman
2 Samuel L Jackson
3 Denzal Washington.
4 Edris Elba
5 Will Smith

This would be a list of currently working not all time.

For what it's worth, I'm not a big Smith fan acting-wise.

Sam Jackson, Denzel and Freeman are all in my Top 20-25 Performer Actors.

For me putting Freeman with the other two is stretching it. He is a Rolls Royce compared to sports cars. If I had to pick, it would be Freeman by a country mile. Or earth radius... Whatever!

I say if God existed and had a voice, he would sound like Freeman. Bruce Almighty power!!!

One thing about Poitier, is his dialogue delivery. Which I found a little off putting without being annoying. He always seemed like he was stressing his vocal cords to deliver some sort of emotion!

1 Morgan Freeman
2 Samuel L Jackson
3 Denzal Washington.
4 Edris Elba
5 Will Smith

This would be a list of currently working not all time.
Some Elba loving. He is just as good as any of the other two. Just doesn't do a lot of movies this side of the Atlantic!