My Favorite Michael Douglas Performances

Tools    

D-Fens, Falling Down

Douglas was robbed of an Oscar nomination for his bone-chilling performance in this psychological drama about an unemployed defense worker whose dissatisfaction with the state of society and his inability to get to his daughter's birthday party send him on a violent rampage. Douglas has never lost himself in a role the way he loses himself in this one and he completely invests in this sympathetic yet very dangerous character who at times has you turning from the screen and at other times cheering him on.

Hope someone enjoyed the list.

I'm not a big fan of MD, but I love this movie! I thought it was great when I saw it on vhs and watched it fairly recently (as well as many times in between) and was surprised at how much I still enjoyed it. I've got something in my head telling me that it's Kirk Douglas' opinion that it's Michael's best work? I think the military style haircut was MD's idea too.
Props to Robert Duvall too.

Ghouls, vampires, werewolves... let's party.

D-Fens, Falling Down

Douglas was robbed of an Oscar nomination for his bone-chilling performance in this psychological drama about an unemployed defense worker whose dissatisfaction with the state of society and his inability to get to his daughter's birthday party send him on a violent rampage. Douglas has never lost himself in a role the way he loses himself in this one and he completely invests in this sympathetic yet very dangerous character who at times has you turning from the screen and at other times cheering him on.

Hope someone enjoyed the list.
I just watched this movie for the first time. Very enjoyable movie. I like Michael Douglas and I look forward to watching more of his movies on your incredible list.

Ghouls, vampires, werewolves... let's party.

Tom Sanders, Disclosure

Douglas plays a software executive who loses a big promotion to a former lover (Demi Moore) who then forces him to have sex with her and the next day reports him for sexually harassing her.
I saw this last night. Not a favorite of mine, but I thought it was well made. I was impressed that the movie was co-produced by Michael Crichton, the same man who wrote and directed many earlier SciFi movies and thrillers like Westworld and who also directed and wrote the screenplay for Coma - also starring Michael Douglas. It was a big plus to see Donald Sutherland in it.