Site looks off

Tools    

It's been a while since I went there but I seem to recall an asterisk or something by my own name (there's definitely an asterisk on mobile at the bottom of the home page) indicating I'm invisible.

I wonder if I show up to others on desktop viewing who's online as a "guestc viewing or if I am completely invisible to everyone other than myself and admin/mods.

I think the best way to check is....can you see me right now? Can you see where I am in say...1 min from now?
nope, there are 21 members shown online and you're not one of them.

You ready? You look ready.
I know this is more work for you, Yoda, but couldn’t you just have a low data mobile style for people who need the most speed? It could be the current style you have now and then you’d have more flexibility in building a style that us first world speed demons can use and better replicants the desktop.

Just an idea.

I'm thinking about how it might work. Right now I'm thinking maybe just have a lot of images hidden by default and have one big "I don't care about images" switch that displays everything.

Ghouls, vampires, werewolves... let's party.
I just discovered a simple fix for the viewing problem and maybe this might work for others.

Referencing the images below, on your screen you first click on the 3 dots in the upper right hand corner which brings up a menu. Scroll down to where it says "Desktop site" and check the box. That fixes the view for me.

I just discovered a simple fix for the viewing problem and maybe this might work for others.

Referencing the images below, on your screen you first click on the 3 dots in the upper right hand corner which brings up a menu. Scroll down to where it says "Desktop site" and check the box. That fixes the view for me.

That's on a computer though?

You ready? You look ready.
That is still dependent on holding your phone sideways. I'll stick with the mobile layout.
"This is that human freedom, which all boast that they possess, and which consists solely in the fact, that men are conscious of their own desire, but are ignorant of the causes whereby that desire has been determined." -Baruch Spinoza

Speaking of which, got a lot of post assistance features working that I should be able to roll out this morning/afternoon. Might be messier than usual, coming in a little hot, but let's just dive in and start iterating.

Some design tweaks after that, then I'll consult the list again and once we've got the most important stuff done we can see where we are.

Okay, this is a bit rushed (hasn't been tested all that exhaustively yet), but I've got new editor options up on mobile. Covers the really basic stuff, like font styling, smilies, quotes, spoilers, mentions, and embedded images.

Should place embedded images at your cursor point and it can even bold or italicize whatever words you highlight.

Will probably add a button to make linking text easier, too.

That elusive hide-and-seek cow is at it again
Okay, this is a bit rushed (hasn't been tested all that exhaustively yet), but I've got new editor options up on mobile. Covers the really basic stuff, like font styling, smilies, quotes, spoilers, mentions, and embedded images.

Should place embedded images at your cursor point and it can even bold or italicize whatever words you highlight.

Will probably add a button to make linking text easier, too.
THIS was really the only issue I had with mobile. That and linking. I can never remember the code for adding URLS. But I've learned the only smileys that I care about. OH! And I mentioned it the other day, but you replied that it was a quick reply. Not sure mobile distinguishes but on my phone, once I click preview, the preview option is gone on that screen. It makes correcting typos tedious as I usually just have to select all, copy, use my browser-back button to return to the first screen and then just paste my edits there to then preview again.

But back to your sample. If this plays out, I'd consider naming my first kid, Yoda.

"Ever try to forcibly pin down a house cat? It's not easy." - Captain Steel

"I just can't get pass sticking a finger up a dog's butt." - John Dumbear

Yeah, I'm going to sort out that whole thing with preview/quick reply/whatever. My initial thing was having it just jump you down to quick reply but I think it's actually less confusing to just load a new page. Simpler, even if the theory of keeping page loads to a minimum is usually sound.

"baby yoda" is starting to catch on. now i just need to find a baby somewhere....
o.O

THIS was really the only issue I had with mobile. That and linking. I can never remember the code for adding URLS. But I've learned the only smileys that I care about. OH! And I mentioned it the other day, but you replied that it was a quick reply. Not sure mobile distinguishes but on my phone, once I click preview, the preview option is gone on that screen. It makes correcting typos tedious as I usually just have to select all, copy, use my browser-back button to return to the first screen and then just paste my edits there to then preview again.

But back to your sample. If this plays out, I'd consider naming my first kid, Yoda.

I'm so used to doing myself. Hard brackets i, b, u, img...even color (as long as it's spelled i
the American way) and size.

I'm so used to doing myself. Hard brackets i, b, u, img...even color (as long as it's spelled i
the American way) and size.
YUP. er... that's allcap from work related stuff.
But yeah, I've learned all the basics but URLs. spoilers, and uh... the other thing I forgot. I hate chasing lists too. And as noted, I only care about coleman so Yoders could probably just delete all the others and replace that icon with the appropriate coleman png. that should be just about perfect.

I do recommend adding : thumbface : too.

YUP. er... that's allcap from work related stuff.
But yeah, I've learned all the basics but URLs. spoilers, and uh... the other thing I forgot. I hate chasing lists too. And as noted, I only care about coleman so Yoders could probably just delete all the others and replace that icon with the appropriate coleman png. that should be just about perfect.

I do recommend adding : thumbface : too.

HOW DARE YOU! I made

Omg I see the changes in the reply option but STILL DOING IT MANUALLY because habit.

Something was done because the desktop site is much better for me now. It's definitely not as good but certainly usable. The only thing I would say is a pain is not being able to move around in the post box. Depending where my sentence ends I can't get to the post reply button as easy as I should, unless I turn the phone. I am relieved because I thought I was a goner here. Strange thing is that I actually lost interest in movies because I thought I no longer had anyone to share them with.

...Strange thing is that I actually lost interest in movies because I thought I no longer had anyone to share them with.
That's not strange, because I was going to do a write up on the western I watched last night and I though to myself. 'the only person who will probably care is cricket and he's probably not reading MoFo much these days.'

That's not strange, because I was going to do a write up on the western I watched last night and I though to myself. 'the only person who will probably care is cricket and he's probably not reading MoFo much these days.'
I hadn't even looked at any other threads I don't think.