Lethal Weapon 5

Tools    

Aren't they getting too old for this s***?

Yep...
Murtaugh was celebrating his 50th birthday in the 1987 original.
So, in-universe, he'd be 83 this year.

My Dad's almost that age, and he can't handle a small incline or drive at night.

Aren't they getting too old for this s***?

Yep...
Murtaugh was celebrating his 50th birthday in the 1987 original.
So, in-universe, he'd be 83 this year.

My Dad's almost that age, and he can't handle a small incline or drive at night.
So..... Senile Weapon?

Welcome to the human race...
I mean, the man not only had a grandchild at the end of 4 but that child is now old enough to join the police force. What are the odds that ends up being the set-up?

Yeah it'll be Riggs and Murtaugh's kids and grandkids probably.
Gibson and Glover will probably be pushed to secondary places until a big finale.

Aha!
Got it.

1, 2, 3 were about Riggs dealing with the death of his wife, then another death of a lover, then finding love... and Murtaugh's family life.
Part 4 was Riggs becoming a father, Murtaugh becoming a grandfather.

Part 5: Riggs and Murtaugh are full on Captains now, doing the office job.

Riggs becomes a grandfather, something happens to Riggs' son causing Riggs and Murtaugh to leave their office and take to the streets, and Murtaugh dies.

No need to go see it now

Maybe Joe Pesci will return also.
I doubt Pesci will return.
He had to be persuaded heavily by Deniro and Scorsese to get back to acting in Irishman, and since the movie came out, he has not made any public appearances, not in many of the full-cast interviews (the ones he did attend, he hardly said a word), not in any of the awards ceremonies (despite his nominations), not anywhere.
“Let me tell you something you already know. The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place and I don't care how tough you are, it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain't about how hard ya hit. It's about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward. How much you can take and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done!” ~ Rocky Balboa

The trick is not minding
Pesci has been a virtual recluse from the hollywood scene the past 20 years, leaving acting behind him. I’ve read he wanted to be a singer during that time and actually released an album or two.
He’s made maybe 2 appearances in films since? The Good Shepherd and The Irishman.

For me it wouldn t work without pesci now that he s part of the team in some way..his character was so funny in the fourth

Mel Gibson has gone on record during his marketing for "Fat Man" saying Lethal Weapon 5, is an "absolute".

Apparently himself, Richard Donner and Danny Glover are all totally up for it, and the script is being worked on.

The truth is in here
It wouldn’t surprise me if they can’t get Pesci to come back unfortunately. After Lethal Weapon 4 he’s only made 3 film appearances (4 if you count his voice overdub in Savva. Serdtse voina). I'm grateful they even managed to get him to appear in The Irishman, it was incredible to see his return on the big screen.

Pesci really shouldn't have come back for 4...so I don't see why you would bring him in for 5. Part of me would love it if Eddie Murphy, Sylvester Stallone, Kurt Russell, Bruce Willis and Nick Nolte all showed up. Sort of an Avengers EndGame of 80's cops.

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
I think I'm in the minority in liking the fourth one.

Suspect's Reviews

I think I'm in the minority in liking the fourth one.

It's okay but Pesci was an add on that didn't make sense. Chris Rock and Jet Li made sense. Pesci should have been one and done.