How Would You Rank the Spider-Man Movies?

Tools    

Movie Forums Squirrel Jumper
I haven't seem them all but from what I have seen, here's my ranking:

1. The Amazing Spider-man
2. Spider-man 2
3. Spider-man
4. Homecoming
5. The Amazing Spider-man 2
6. Spider-man 3

Am I the only one who likes The Amazing Spider-man the most possibly?

2. Spider-man 2
3. Spider-man
4. Homecoming
6. Spider-man 3

You are excluding; Civil War, Infinity War, Into the Spiderverse and Far from home.

So it's not that surprising that you like The Amazing Spider-man the most...even though it's an extremely average film.

Oh okay, I thought we were only rating ones where Spider-man is the main character. I saw Civil War, and it was okay, but did not see the rest. I like The Amazing Spider-man cause I felt the romance was a lot better than usual, and I felt it had perhaps the best executed villain in the series besides Dr. Octopus. I am torn between this one and Spider-man 2 as a result, cause that one also had a great romance and villain. But The Amazing Spider-man is an origin story, and I tend to gravitate towards those more.

1) Spider-Man 2
2) Far From Home
3) Spider-Man
4) Into the Spider-Verse
5) Homecoming
6) The Amazing Spider-Man
7) Spider-Man 3
8) The Amazing Spider-Man 2

The first Spiderman movie was good. The 2nd Spiderman movie was even better.

I had no interest in going to see any other Spiderman movies.

A lot of people really like the first one but I found that the 'love triangle' subplot was unnecessary and didn't add anything, especially since you know who is going to get the girl in the end anyway. I also felt that the Green Goblin may have too over the top, compared to better villains like Dr. Octopus, or The Lizard, in The Amazing Spiderman. But I will watch the first one again and see.

"That may be, but I've got the Falcon."
Cool thread.

Mine:

Spider-Man
Spider-Man 2
The Amazing Spider-Man
Spider-Man: Far From Home

Spider-Man 3

The Amazing Spider-Man 2

(have not seen Homecoming)

The first Garfield one reminded me of reading the Spider-Man comics as a kid, even if they maybe strayed from the traditional character. Reminded me also of the unmade James Cameron "R" rated screenplay with how snarky PP is in that one.

The trick is not minding
Spiderman 2 towers above them all.

1. Spiderman 2
2. Into the Spiderverse
3. Spiderman
4. Amazing Spiderman
5. Homecoming
6. Spiderman 3.

Have yet to see Amazing Spiderman 2 and Far From Home.

Edit: forgot about Into the Spiderverse

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
Recently did a deep dive into Spider-Man because that's all my kid wants to watch currently. So I'd say this is up to date for me.

1. Into The Spider-Verse
2. Spider-Man 2
3. Spider-Man: Homecoming
4. Spider-Man: Far From Home
5. Spider-Man
6. The Amazing Spider-Man
7. Spider-Man 3
8. The Amazing Spider-Man 2.

Suspect's Reviews

A bucket of anxiety
Spider-Man 2, just for Dr. Octopus
Spider-Man 1
Spider-Man 3 (which I didn't mind for the record, just not as good as the first two)
Spider-Man Homecoming
The Amazing Spider-Man and Into The Spiderverse
The Amazing Spider-Man 2
Forgot all about The Amazing Spider-Man and the MCU's Spider-Man until I read the other ratings.
And now I have typed "spider" so many times I started to question how spider is spelled as it started to look like "spidder"

A bucket of anxiety

2. Spider-man 2
3. Spider-man
4. Homecoming
6. Spider-man 3

I enjoyed The Amazing Spider-Man but I grew up with Tobey Maguire's Spider-Man so that'll always be the closest to me personally. Plus, I like it as it's own thing more than something comparable to the first one.

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
I enjoyed The Amazing Spider-Man but I grew up with Tobey Maguire's Spider-Man so that'll always be the closest to me personally. Plus, I like it as it's own thing more than something comparable to the first one.
For me the Garfield movies have better swinging scenes (makes sense with cgi improvement) better chemistry between actors and the acting is more in line with Peter Parker.

It fails with lame villains, poorly choreographed action sequences and no real memorable scenes. Raimi captured the comic book essence while Marc Webb went for "darker" because of The Dark Knight.

2022 Mofo Fantasy Football Champ
Spiderman 2 is always the best. After that, I'm now kind of tempted to go with Homecoming and Far from Home. I like Spiderman 1 and 3 though (yes, 3, not as bad as people make it to be)

The truth is in here
Spider-Man (What's so corny and dated about this one? I love it, it's fantastic.)
Spider-Man 2
Spider-Man: Into The Spiderverse
Spider-Man 3
The Amazing Spider-Man (It's an all right movie, not as "fun" as Raimi's take though)

Haven't seen the rest.

The franchise is a mixed bag for me. A shame, since Spidey's one of my fave superheroes.

I only rate 4 of the films 8 or higher (first 2 Tobey ones, FFH, and Venom). And, counting Venom and Spider-Verse, I only like 5 of the films, while I dislike everything else. If a new Spider-Verse movie comes out, maybe it might join the 8 or higher club.

The Garfield movies would be better imo with better editing. I will give Homecoming another go, since it's an MCU film, we'll see how that goes. The best way to sum up Spider-Man 3 is probably as wrongheaded and messy.