I wish more people would write reviews

Tools    

Nice use of the word, prolixity. Please take a seat at the head of the class...
I’m already there.

I had to google that one
I love words. I have a word calendar that I turn a leaf on every day.

Me too, and probably that's why Doc was impressed But, I'm not impressed with the usage of words that need to be looked up.
Looked up or locked up?

Renee is to Judy, what Phoenix is Joker. The movie was about dull for me. But she just killed it as Garland.

I am going to try and post more, I have posted a few times about films I've seen in the 'last movie you watched' thread. I usually only write a paragraph about why I liked the film, a small synopsis followed by a quick summary about why I liked/disliked it.

I do find it easier to write about something I haven't enjoyed though or found average, rather than something I simply enjoyed. I find I have less to say if I genuinely just enjoyed the film. I really enjoy reading everyone else's thoughts.

I am the Watcher in the Night
I've always enjoyed the reviews on here and I have contributed a fair few. On a personal level, time has stopped me from watching as many movies over the last year that I did in the several years before that.

"I need your clothes, your boots and your motorcycle"

Account terminated on request
To sum up: If you want people to write more reviews or to post more...Then start with the 'person in the mirror' and reply more to post & reviews.
Unnecessarily snarky.

No, there's nothing wrong with saying that you're looking for movie reviews and not contributing to writing reviews. You don't need to be a writer to be an avid reader (of anything), and such, there is absolutely nothing wrong with informing a movie centric website that it's lacking on what movie centric websites should concentrate on.
They'll say "I don't care if he's a poet or cowboy, so long as he's a nice guy. But oh, I'm so attracted to that bad guy over there."
Understand this last part, and you'll get them all.

Unnecessarily snarky.

No, there's nothing wrong with saying that you're looking for movie reviews and not contributing to writing reviews. You don't need to be a writer to be an avid reader (of anything), and such, there is absolutely nothing wrong with informing a movie centric website that it's lacking on what movie centric websites should concentrate on.
You're entitled to your opinion I guess, but you're wrong I wasn't saying a person complaining about the lack of reviews should then write more reviews...I was saying the person complaining ( not a specific person) should read and respond more to reviews, if they want more reviews to be written in the future.

Account terminated on request
You're entitled to your opinion I guess, but you're wrong I wasn't saying a person complaining about the lack of reviews should then write more reviews...I was saying the person complaining ( not a specific person) should read and respond more to reviews, if they want more reviews to be written in the future.
I know what you said. And still: There's no issue with someone suggesting what he did without being somehow required to comment on anything.

Sounds like the hinge is whether you take "should" to mean "required" or not. Seems it can be read in a less confrontational, suggestive way, as well as the more confrontational requirement way.