Great movies you might never watch.

Tools    

Listen to what my post said. From a visual OR psychological standpoint. Obviously a 20 minute rape scene isn't gonna be a walk in the park to watch, but Blue Valentine and Away From Her look difficult to watch from an emotional standpoint. Your husband getting checked in for Alzheimers and then falling in love with someone else, that sounds like one of the sh'ittiest things someone could ever go through. I'm also not alone in my accessment on Blue Valentine, those who have seen it have said it's not an easy movie to watch, due to its highly depressing depiction of a relationship gone bad.
I also said I think all of these movies look good, but for one reason or another I won't get to right away.
Your choice, but you’re missing 2 excellent movies. Both are nowhere near as dark as you’re imagining.

Schindler's List is considered one of the greatest films of the 1990'a and won Steven Spielberg his only Best Director Oscar but I really don't see myself watching it anytime soon.
Can’t believe you’ve never seen this wonderful film. Seen it many times.

The trick is not minding
Schindler's List is considered one of the greatest films of the 1990'a and won Steven Spielberg his only Best Director Oscar but I really don't see myself watching it anytime soon.
He won best director for Saving Private Ryan as well.

The truth is in here
Your choice, but you’re missing 2 excellent movies. Both are nowhere near as dark as you’re imagining.
I said I won't get to them right away, not that I never will watch them.

I said I won't get to them right away, not that I never will watch them.
I never said that you will never watch them.

The truth is in here
That's what I thought you meant by "missing 2 excellent movies".

This convo has gotten drawn out a bit too much, hopefully we now understand each other.

It is a difficult watch, especially if you know some older Jews. I was raised around a lot of Christians and Jews and it was one of the few movies that made me almost cry.
I saw it in the theater with a friend who was Jewish. I was TRYING not to cry. It was the one time leaving the movie theater felt like leaving a church after a funeral - everyone was silent.

every movies from director Béla Tarr.... not because it's disturbing or whatever just because it will bored the crap out of me

⬆️ Tarr’s Sátántangó is one of my favorite movies. Definitely not to everyone’s taste though.

It is a difficult watch, especially if you know some older Jews. I was raised around a lot of Christians and Jews and it was one of the few movies that made me almost cry.
Obviously one doesn’t have to be Jewish to be profoundly moved by Schindler’s List. Very much Don’t send to know for whom the bell tolls. Many races & nationalities were in the death camps as well as gypsies, gay people, mentally handicapped people, POWs of different nationalities, et al.

Obviously one doesn’t have to be Jewish to be profoundly moved by Schindler’s List. Very much Don’t send to know for whom the bell tolls. Many races & nationalities were in the death camps as well as gypsies, gay people, mentally handicapped people, POWs of different nationalities, et al.
I know, but the movie talks a little bit more about Jews than other kinds of people the Nazis terrorized, at least from what I remember.

⬆️ Tarr’s Sátántangó is one of my favorite movies. Definitely not to everyone’s taste though.

I have seen it. The problem with slow cinema is that it requires more patience. Satantango pushes the envelope a lot, but it's close to perfection.

I don't know if I'll ever get around to seeing Gone With the Wind, Citizen Kane, or Casablanca.

Sorry if I'm rude but I'm right
None. I will watch every single great movie. U weak, people.

every movies from director Béla Tarr.... not because it's disturbing or whatever just because it will bored the crap out of me
U weak.
Look, I'm not judging you - after all, I'm posting here myself, but maybe, just maybe, if you spent less time here and more time watching films, maybe, and I stress, maybe your taste would be of some value. Just a thought, ya know.

BANNED
ready player 1
wrinkle in time
project x

A lot of horror films out there I prob won't watch because I'm not a big horror fan. I can watch some, but am not crazy about the genre.

Having said that, I might post on John Carpenter, Wes Craven and/or Sam Raimi threads, as I do want to watch more of their stuff.