What Is The Most Disturbing Film?

Tools    

A system of cells interlinked
Martyrs, by a country mile...

Midsommar definitely takes the cake for me...especially the near 3-hour director's cut.
What? There is a 3 hour director cut? I’m in. My sister accidentally watched the movie, stopped at that cliff.

This

Recently, Contagion.

Legend in my own mind
'The boy in the striped pyjamas' and 'Schindlersl list' effected me deeply, but the film that has disturbed me most is actually...'Jaws'.

I watched it when I was 6 years old and have never been able to go more than knee deep in the ocean ever since.

Movie Forums Squirrel Jumper
I would say Fight Club was more disturbing than Seven cause Fight Club showed more in comparison.

The trick is not minding
Irreversible was so disturbing with its graphic rape scene that I stopped watching it. Rape scenes in general are hard to watch, but this one in particular last far too long.

Most of the movies already mentioned I've seen, a few of them more than once, but there's one that never gets mentioned and that's The Girl Next Door (2007). Don't see myself ever watching that one again.

Texas chainsaw

the conjuring or drag me to hell

Account terminated on request
Most of the movies already mentioned I've seen, a few of them more than once, but there's one that never gets mentioned and that's The Girl Next Door (2007). Don't see myself ever watching that one again.
Christ. I just looked that one up on wikipedia, and I'm not watching that one.

horror ones

A bucket of anxiety
When I see this thread I think of how I've mostly seen films that try to be disturbing but don't work on me and now I have one: The drug scene in Pulp Fiction takes the cake for most disturbing film moment I've ever witnessed. (and I mean the version of disturbed like cringing and uncomfortable) I actually had to turn away from the screen.

A bucket of anxiety
Excorcism of emily rose
Excorcist
Insidious
The entity
I saw Exorcist as a kid and I thought it was hilarious. I chalk it up to the outdated effects but I also found 31 to be very funny so it might just be my broken brain.

I've recently saw I Stand Alone (1998) by Gaspar Noe. I didn't find it particulrly unsettling nor explicit.

Those who did, what exclty shocked/disturbed you?

Yeah, Martyrs is probably the only film that has truly disturbed me to the point of almost considering getting rid of it. But, I think I'll keep it in case somebody asks me this question in person. I wouldn't mind watching it again with another person who hasn't seen it.

Definitely not a fun film.

‘The Human Centipede’ felt worse than ‘Martyrs’ because ‘Martyrs’ at least was trying to make a point... but it’s more disgusting than anything.

‘I Stand Alone’ is quite disturbing...

I would say ‘Cargo 200’ is the worst I’ve seen. Maybe because it doesn’t position itself as horror, not sure.

I've recently saw I Stand Alone (1998) by Gaspar Noe. I didn't find it particulrly unsettling nor explicit.

Those who did, what exclty shocked/disturbed you?
I think people are disturbed by the scene when the butcher punches a pregnant woman in the stomach.