Wicked film adaptation

Tools    

The trick is not minding
After many delays, Wicked has an official release date of 12/22/2021.
I wonder how this will fair after the disaster of Cats?
Then again, I’ve always thought that Wicked would have been a much better film then Cats. Wicked has a much more interesting story. I wish I could have seen it on Broadway.
What does everyone else think?

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
After many delays, Wicked has an official release date of 12/22/2021.
I wonder how this will fair after the disaster of Cats?
Then again, I’ve always thought that Wicked would have been a much better film then Cats. Wicked has a much more interesting story. I wish I could have seen it on Broadway.
What does everyone else think?

I haven't seen the Broadway show "Wicked", but I've heard some of the songs, and I"m looking forward to seeing the movie.

I saw it in London a few years back, have to be honest and say I thought it was really good, definitely a better musical film idea than Cats, I was expecting Starlight Express to be announced next lol

This will be just fine when it is released. No chance of another Cats-atrophe - that film failed for any number of reasons, but the one thing that it cannot lay blame upon, is that it is a musical. Especially in the upsurge in popularity for musicals and musical dramas in recent times, such as Greatest Showman, A Star is Born, Bohemian Rhapsody & Rocketman etc.

As a very long running show in both Broadway and London, as well as tours elsewhere, Wicked has the built in bonus of an established fanbase, My ex and I went to it in London 15 years ago and more recently, my daughter wanted to see it when it came to Edinburgh last year, and that was another sell out and although it is not really my cup of tea, it still stands up and remains enormously popular. Additionally as part of the Oz world, there will be film fans that will be interested in this also, so I don't see that as being an issue.