Lodge 49

Tools    

كُنْ فَيَكُونُ
Sorry if you hadn't heard, but it was canceled after season two.
Yeah I did, it really angers me now. I hope that some other alternative will happen in the next few months to make it happen, there is a hashtag #savelodge49 going around.
The problem is that not many people actually know about the show, it didn't get good enough advertisement either.
The trailer I watched before it gave me a completely different impression of how the actual show was. Plus the wikipedia page made it seem that it was a comedy (but it's definitely not, aside from how it's regularly very funny and witty).
The show far exceeded my expectations (truly) but it's not what people expect it to be.
It comes down to the viewership ultimately, doesn't it?

I rewatched S1E1 yesterday and it looks and feels so different after seeing the rest of it, you see things with completely different eyes. Plus it's so so clever, so many references to later stuff (even within the first 6 minutes). It's a well planned-out show with a pacing that pays off big time by the time we're at S2E8, it's so satisfying.
The Lodge itself is part of what ties everything together but the whole show is about the humanity and struggles of the characters. From the hilarious to the genuinely emphatic. It's overall a very optimistic show though that sees that life does get better.

Anyway, I blame advertisement. I came for occultism but got something even better, it's a show about community and struggle, with a drop of conspiracy added on top.

(IDK if I'm ranting or not, lol)