21st Hall of Fame

Tools    

We’re up to 7 members (5 have sent in noms).

@neiba @KeyserCorleone @cricket
Any of you interested?
I'm still stuck with the thought that I'd have to watch a bunch of movies I've already seen, but I'm thinking about it.

I'm still stuck with the thought that I'd have to watch a bunch of movies I've already seen, but I'm thinking about it.
That’s fair enough. You’ve checked off 4 of the 5 current noms so no worries if you’re not up to it. Just thought I would ask.

Just mentioning a couple more people in case they haven’t seen this.
@Hey Fredrick @Frightened Inmate No. 2 @CosmicRunaway

Thanks Suspect!

I’ve legit copied and pasted frightened inmate’s username in and it’s still not mentioning lol. Ah well

I’ve legit copied and pasted frightened inmate’s username in and it’s still not mentioning lol. Ah well
Welcome to the club! I never could get the @mention thing to work for frightened inmate.

How did you do that? It won't work for me when I try.

@Frightened Inmate No.2
Magic.

The format for the mention feature is (without the spaces): [ MENTION=75520 ]Frightened Inmate No. 2[ /MENTION ]

The number in the first bracket is unique to each member. So if you go to their profile and look at their profile's url, you can see their number. I got his number - which is 75520 - and put it in the bracket.

I'm pretty sure you don't even have to put the user's name at all. Let me test that. Ahwell's number is 101613.

@Watch more Joaquin

Did you get a mention, ahwell?

How did you do that? It won't work for me when I try.

@Frightened Inmate No.2
Magic.

The format for the mention feature is (without the spaces): [ MENTION=75520 ]Frightened Inmate No. 2[ /MENTION ]

The number in the first bracket is unique to each member. So if you go to their profile and look at their profile's url, you can see their number. I got his number - which is 75520 - and put it in the bracket.

I'm pretty sure you don't even have to put the user's name at all. Let me test that. Ahwell's number is 101613.

@Watch more Joaquin

Did you get a mention, ahwell?
I didn’t get the mention notification, but I see what you mean now.

I haven't participated in a General Hall of Fame in what seems like forever, so I probably should join. The problem is that I always take a long time to think of a film, even for speciality HoFs with more limited options. Lately I've only been catching up on the 2019 flicks I missed in theatres, so I haven't watched or rewatched anything I'd nominate.

So I'm thinking about it, but am not overly optimistic haha.

I'm pretty sure you don't even have to put the user's name at all.
You don't need the user's number to use the mention tags. Without numbers you definitely need to spell their name correctly though. I use the @ shortcut for anyone with no spaces in their name, and mention for everyone else.

In the "go advanced" post area, the little speaker icon at the top will put the mention code in for you if you don't want to type it out.

In the "go advanced" post area, the little speaker icon at the top will put the mention code in for you if you don't want to type it out.
For most MoFos, yes. For whatever reason, it doesn’t work for Inmate. Try it and see.