Movie You're Watching Tonight

Tools    

The Beautiful Troublemaker (1991) by Jacques Rivette

I am using my sunday watching this 4 hour feature with a friend of mine. This is my fourth Jacques Rivette, who is a master of long (marathon) feature films. My favorite so far is Celine and Julie Go Boating from 1974.

I'll finish Thor and then I think I'll check out either La Grande Illusion or another episode of Breaking Bad. Depends on what time it is.
"Breaking Bad" - one of my favorite television series too. I liked it so much that I’am now reviewing it in the third time)):Д

The trick is not minding

Because it’s Christmas Eve and it’s a tradition to watch a bad Christmas film. Past examples include the Black Christmas remake (2006) and Silent Night, Deadly Night.

Was this any good?
'
I am a huge Mads fan but this is one I haven't seen. I'm waiting to see him in "Chaos Walking".

First time. Been looking forward to this for awhile now, and it’s available on Amazon now
You're entering in the realm of Werner Herzog documentaries. If you like that one I can recommend you others he have made, I've seen them all, that's actually not my favorite, but it's one of it's bests because he gives both sides, never one, and he doesn't have a problem expressing his personal opinion. If you like that Godfrey Reggio style, be sure not to miss Lessons of Darkness.

Was this any good?
'
I am a huge Mads fan but this is one I haven't seen. I'm waiting to see him in "Chaos Walking".
I guess it depends, if your in for Mads Mikkelsen you'll only have a scene, his a priest, and he doesn't do much acting, or over the top kind of thing, more narrative. About the movie I rated it as a 3/5, it means I liked it. They used a strange color palette, very bright to express how Van Gogh saw the world, nature, all that sunlight, they've also used a kind of free camera, it's never still, always moving, all the possible angles, the soundtrack is remarkable, and they knew when to use it and when to just use the ambient noise, the breathing as well. The performances are okay, there wasn't much I'd change now that I think about it. They explained why painting it's an art, why Van Gogh painted like he did, whose his major influences, not sure if they were actual Van Gogh words, I doubt it. Overall it's okay, it's not arthouse, if you're curious about van Gogh, or about painting in general you won't see just the typical "telling the story and make it a little dramatic to catch the audience" kind of thing. Watch the trailer, is more or less what you're going to get. The story telling is straight forward.

About Chaos Walking, I'll see it because of Kaufman, I like it's thinking.