Things that annoy you...

Tools    

Coworkers that constantly toss my lunch or snacks that I keep in the fridge. I usually keep like a stash of fruit in a draw that I've claimed for years (the drawer, not the fruit). One lady in particular always trashes stuff without asking. I totally understand getting old stuff out of the fridge, as a lot of people here place lunch leftovers in and promptly forget it, but dangit! There's all of like 11 people here. It's not that hard to send a group msg lol. Fruit is expensive!

Last Christmas we had a pot luck type lunch for everyone to bring something. I cooked a ham, sliced it, and brought it in a covered foil baking pan. 2 hours after, she tossed the left overs. Probably 3/4 of the ham just... just gone. I think I cried.
This reminds me of a time I went to a friend's cooking party (they would make perogies every year the day after Thanksgiving - anyone who helped got a cut of the 'stash').

They called me up and said they might not have enough milk and could I pick some up - I did. A full gallon - I didn't ask for reimbursement - like my help, it was part of my contribution.

The milk was put in the fridge until they ran out of their stock and it was needed - it was used gradually, but we only ended up using about a quarter of it.

Before beginning the clean up I look over and see my friend's wife pouring 3/4 of the gallon of milk I bought & brought down the drain! I asked why she was doing that.

She said, "It was out all day."
I said, it was ice cold when I bought it, it was brand new, it was in your fridge most of the time, it's winter time (well Fall actually), it was sitting next to an open window and it was "out" maybe a grand total of two hours, but in a cold jug with a lid on it.

She was like, "Two hours? I wouldn't drink any milk that sat out for 1 hour."

I told her if she didn't want it, I would have taken it home if she hadn't dumped it all down the drain.

Opinions?

Probably an overreaction on her part, but I can't blame her. I don't play games with dairy. If I have any question at all about the freshness of a dairy product, I err on the side of caution and throw it out.

That elusive hide-and-seek cow is at it again
@Captain Steel
Pretty much the same. We left stuff out that day so people could come back for snacks. 2 hours in and it all (everything anyone brought) was dumped.

=*(
lol

Any kind of waste (especially of food) annoys me.

I agree if there's a question about food... (I worked in a restaurant with the motto "when in doubt, throw it out" and I had food poisoning enough times to know the value of that).

But I didn't think there was a doubt about the milk - it wasn't like I brought an open jug from home - I bought it new, sealed, cold, with an expiration date of over a week later, it stayed refrigerated and when it was out it was capped (not even like a glass of milk left out.)
Even the open window was part of a system - we'd put any perishables next to the open window to keep them cool but within hands reach if they were things we were using frequently.

I don't usually shop at Macy's but I had to pick up a few things from them for Christmas. I spent quite a bit and got something called Macy money, which is essentially coupons, worth about 50 dollars. Great, right? except when you read the fine print on what it can and can't be used for which is basically nothing good or anything that has a decent name associated with it. It reminded me what you can win if you guess Navins weight:

People who think and act like they're intellectually superior to everyone else and then go and do stupid s***.

Case in point: My father, who is a university graduate (albeit with a major in history). Tonight, he decided to make some steamed broccoli to go with the dinner he made. Immediately after steaming the broccoli, he had the BRILLIANT idea to try to wash the glass lid from the pot.

People who think and act like they're intellectually superior to everyone else and then go and do stupid s***.

Case in point: My father, who is a university graduate (albeit with a major in history). Tonight, he decided to make some steamed broccoli to go with the dinner he made. Immediately after steaming the broccoli, he had the BRILLIANT idea to try to wash the glass lid from the pot.

I would guess that it's one of those quirks of life that the more a person acts intellectually superior over others, the more apt they are to do stupid things or display a severe lacking in common sense.

There's two ways a hot glass lid wouldn't break under running water. If the water was hot, or if the lid was pyrex.
Too bad neither of those things were true in this scenario.

Glass all over the sink, the counter, and the floor. Thankfully none in the food or anyone's eye or anything.

They called me up and said they might not have enough milk and could I pick some up - I did. A full gallon - I didn't ask for reimbursement - like my help, it was part of my contribution.

Opinions?
Annoying most definitely, but, as you say, you contributed it. At that point you relinquished ownership & the donee could do anything with the milk that he/she desired.

Annoying most definitely, but, as you say, you contributed it. At that point you relinquished ownership & the donee could do anything with the milk that he/she desired.
That's entirely true.
But they still wasted it.

Much like ynwtf's story - I went to holiday dinners at the same house and at the end of the meal, instead of offering leftovers to guests to take home, I'd watch it all go in the trash - completely good, fresh, untouched food.

Indeed, it was their food to with what they wished - but the last thing anyone should do with good food is waste it. I was living alone at the time and barely scraping by, I would've loved a meal to take home for the next day - but to watch it all get thrown away, almost like saying, "This could have been yours, but nah... we'll just throw it ALL in the trash as you watch us waste it!" kind of made me want to lose the food I just ate (which would also be a waste)!

I just don't understand that kind of waste - not when there are people present who would appreciate leftovers.

Pretentiousness. The artist who designed the New Yorker’s cover this week describes himself as “from the North of Europe”. First time ever I’ve heard a Brit describe himself this way. Smh.

Pretentiousness. The artist who designed the New Yorker’s cover this week describes himself as “from the North of Europe”. First time ever I’ve heard a Brit describe himself this way. Smh.
I think there's more than a touch of Remain there.

Oh, you mean with regard to Brexit? I never thought of this.

Oh, you mean with regard to Brexit? I never thought of this.
Yes. Trust me, in the UK now, everything is written,said, heard or seen through this prism. That's not to say that's what he meant, but that is my feeling as to why he said it that way because, as you infered, it's unusual. Was the cover of the magazine about Brexit in anyway?

Yes. Trust me, in the UK now, everything is written,said, heard or seen through this prism. That's not to say that's what he meant, but that is my feeling as to why he said it that way because, as you infered, it's unusual. Was the cover of the magazine about Brexit in anyway?
Never fear, Boris (in a Russian accent) is here!

Was the cover of the magazine about Brexit in anyway?
Not that I can see. And the artist is interviewed a little as to why he/she drew the cover, blah, blah, & no mention of the Big B.