Drowning under solid water surface, saved by a magic stick.

Tools    

There was this boy/man that fell into a river or pond. When he tried to climb out the water surface was like glass and he was trapped. I remember quite vividly someone underwater desperately pounding on the clear but solid surface of the water trying to get out. There were other people there trying to help him, but they couldn’t get into the water. Then, by accident maybe, they stuck a special stick/wand into the water and the surface was liquid again and the guy was rescued.

I know I watched this movie when I was a kid so I’m guessing it was out during the 1990s but it could be a lot older. I had it in my head for the longest time that this scene was from the movie Willow. But having just re-watched Willow there’s nothing even close to that in the whole movie. Maybe the movie I’m trying to find is a similar fantasy/adventure movie. Or I could be completely wrong.

I’ve been losing mind trying to find his movie. But its entirely possible that this is all just a figment of my imagination. Please let me be sane and tell me what I’m remembering is a real movie. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

That elusive hide-and-seek cow is at it again
There was this boy/man that fell into a river or pond. When he tried to climb out the water surface was like glass and he was trapped. I remember quite vividly someone underwater desperately pounding on the clear but solid surface of the water trying to get out. There were other people there trying to help him, but they couldn’t get into the water. Then, by accident maybe, they stuck a special stick/wand into the water and the surface was liquid again and the guy was rescued.

I know I watched this movie when I was a kid so I’m guessing it was out during the 1990s but it could be a lot older. I had it in my head for the longest time that this scene was from the movie Willow. But having just re-watched Willow there’s nothing even close to that in the whole movie. Maybe the movie I’m trying to find is a similar fantasy/adventure movie. Or I could be completely wrong.

I’ve been losing mind trying to find his movie. But its entirely possible that this is all just a figment of my imagination. Please let me be sane and tell me what I’m remembering is a real movie. Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Not sure but there is a scene in Legend in which the character is beneath water as the surface freezes above him.

That elusive hide-and-seek cow is at it again
Actually, here's that scene I was thinking about. Kind of a partial spoiler if you've not seen it though.

Star Wars Ewok Adventures.

I second Ewoks. I think maybe Caravan of Courage. I think it’s Logray’s magic staff.

I got yer magic staff right here.
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra