Movie You're Watching Tonight

Tools    

The Morning Show

After way too long I’m finally gonna cross off the last Stanley Kubrick (out of the “big ones”) on my list!

Gonna watch this in 35mm at a nice little theater. Can’t wait.

^ In my view, it is a masterpiece! Hope you enjoy the time with this, good sir!
It is a masterpiece. One of my fave movies of all time.

“I was cured, all right!”
Oh boy, here we go...

I almost left the movie theater in the middle of it, I was so disappointed it was just sad. Never watched again. After Dark Fate, I started thinking about this one (Prometheus used to be my worst experience in a movie theater, but Dark Fate outperformed it) - now, I don't even remember why I hated Prometheus so much.

First time watching

António Reis, another portuguese director, Pedro Costa's teacher actually, one of his biggest influences, a movie about the poorest region in Portugal during the dictatorship, I think I once saw it with my grandfather when I was younger, but I'm not sure.

Re-watching

Pedro Costa's trilogy and also Horse Money, his one of my favorite Portuguese directors of all time, the others would probably be João César Monteiro and Manoel de Oliveira.

Re-watching

This will be my selection for Christmas vacation week, along side with the LoTR trilogy, it's a ritual already. Surprisingly or not, my favorite Vittorio De Sica is not Bicycle Thieves, I'll not go as far as saying it is overrated, but my favorite of his is by far Humberto D.

⬆️ Pedro Costa is very good.

Never been able to finish Bicycle Thieves.

Cried BUCKETS each time watching Umberto D. when he lost & found his little dog.

Sorry if I'm rude but I'm right
@Stirchley you gotta finish it! I didn't love it the first time, but absolutely adored it the second! Give it a try. The rest of your post... might be the first time in a long time I wholeheartedly agree with you!
Look, I'm not judging you - after all, I'm posting here myself, but maybe, just maybe, if you spent less time here and more time watching films, maybe, and I stress, maybe your taste would be of some value. Just a thought, ya know.