Rate The Last Movie You Saw

Tools    

The Irishman
What a great movie,with amazing performances by the cast. It might be a bit long for some people but its worth every minute, this or parasite should win best picture from what i have seen so far this year

Here’s looking at you, kid.
My House
My Rules
My Coffee

This film made you think, like any crime, investigative thriller. If you think of a lot of possibilities and branch out those ideas as the movie progresses, you can actually determine “the killer”.

Loved the ending, although, I feel as though I was the only one in the theater that got it. Hope you’re observant to subtle “clues”

Aknyeo [The Villainess] (Byung-gil Jung, 2017)

The real villain imo is some of the cinematography and editing in the action sequences

Hello. Everyone I am Louie. Guys the last movie I watched was Avenger End Game. It was so amazing but in the end the last time which makes me feel bad was that Iron man died.
You shouldn't post spoilers without some kind of warning.

The Hanging Tree (1959)

+

I liked this as it was a bit of an atypical western. Gary Cooper is excellent in the lead as a man who does a lot of good things but at the same time doesn't seem so wonderful. Then there's Karl Malden who plays a snake as well as anyone, and on top of that his name is Frenchy and he likes to talk in the first person. Good dialogue and good looking, it's a fine movie.

Ride the High Country (1962)

An early Peckinpah western that has all his usual themes already but portrayed in much lighter tone than his later films. It's easy to see that his nihilism and cynicism were already there but hidden under more traditional western fluff. Not on the level of his best films but pretty decent none the less.

Iron Sky 2: The Coming Race (2019)

It was o.k.. It didn't have the heart of the first movie and it was full of the dull cliches of a Mary Sue being the only competent person around and a love triangle. While there was some good humor (mostly having to do with the red shirt), the movie mostly was lacking in both a compelling story and a likeable protagonist.

Rating: 2 out of 5.

Michael Winner, 1974

I've been keeping the Charles Bronson mysterious character persona from the western and this is a shock.

Spencer Susser, 2010

The only movie the band Metallica ever accepted there musics in; that's how rock and roll this is.

Jim Jarmusch, 2016

Countless times I've seen it, I always come back when I need to, for some reason, it's like good music.

Please Quote/Tag Or I'll Miss Your Responses
Traficant: The Congressman of Crimetown - 10/10

It's online. This man was a trip. Much more colorful than Trump, and a true populist who was a dissident, which I usually admire.

I prefer Shoplifters to Parasites, and I also agree it's the best movie of the last year. I prefer it because it's more emotional without the needing of drama, it's also less conventional. But they're both great movies, obviously foreign, only once in a while you see something good made in America, something with content; it's hard to find.

THE REPORT
(2019)

Adam Driver is bound to be one of the greatest actors of our time.

MARRIAGE STORY
(2019)

Powerful performances. I was expecting more from the story.

“Let me tell you something you already know. The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place and I don't care how tough you are, it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain't about how hard ya hit. It's about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward. How much you can take and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done!” ~ Rocky Balboa

Unregistered User
I prefer Shoplifters to Parasites, and I also agree it's the best movie of the last year. I prefer it because it's more emotional without the needing of drama, it's also less conventional. But they're both great movies, obviously foreign, only once in a while you see something good made in America, something with content; it's hard to find.

Hoping to catch Burning (2018) soon, have you seen it?

Mcabe and Mrs Miller Altman does a good job of creating a dirty little western "town". Good performances all around and a great ending.

Ride in the Whirlwind is by the same crew that did The Shooting. They're a different kind of western and I hope more people see them before the countdown. In Whirlwind a cattle crew, just passing through, gets mistaken for members of a murderous mob by some vigilantes. Not as good as The Shooting but it is a
movie

Agree, was heartbreaking. I'm ashamed to say that was my first Kore-eda
You've got some great films to catch up on if you fancy doing his filmography. He's just about my favourite Director at the moment. Totally on top of his game.