The Boys

Tools    

Starting now! Been looking forward to this for so long!!!!!

Edit: 4 episodes done, boy there are SO many changes it's almost completely different to the comics but in a way that's a good thing, the surprises are worth it. I'll wait til end of season to judge it as a whole but enjoying it so far

All done, wow! Really shocked and confused at how many changes there were and where it's gonna go but I'm annoyed that I gotta wait a whole year to find out!!!
I thought it was great, not perfect, but thoroughly enjoyable. Urban's accent jumps from cockney to kiwi often but it only annoyed me a little because I was specifically listening out for it, but he is awesome as usual. Anthony Starr as Homelander is the standout for me but everyone is pretty great in this

"""" Hulk Smashhhh."""
Upto episode 5 and I’m really enjoying this series.

"Banshee is the greatest thing ever. "

Nice timing, I literally finished the first season last week. Pretty solid. I feel like it doesn't entirely know what it wants its tone to be like (it alternates between super grimdark and Tarantino-ish comical violence). But, pretty good so far, well made, and could go in lots of interesting directions. Definitely in for the next season.

"""" Hulk Smashhhh."""
Nice timing, I literally finished the first season last week. Pretty solid. I feel like it doesn't entirely know what it wants its tone to be like (it alternates between super grimdark and Tarantino-ish comical violence). But, pretty good so far, well made, and could go in lots of interesting directions. Definitely in for the next season.
I really like how you described it as Tarantino-ish comical violence. I was trying to explain to one of my friends what it’s like, and I just couldn’t sell it to him.

The trick is not minding
After watching the first series, I went and read the conics it was based on. The violence was even worse and indeed, comical at times. Especially what they do to Starlight in the comics, which isn’t that different from the show.
Some ludicrous moments in the comics for sure

I'm gonna watch it again before season 2 drops. I'm in til the end though, probably gonna have my days off from work coincide with the release date and binge it

That elusive hide-and-seek cow is at it again
First 3 episodes of season 2 appear to be out. After watching the recap, I'm gonna need to revisit season 1 first.

I'd really prefer to binge season 2, 3 episodes just isn't enough, maybe the weekly suspense will grow on me as I enjoyed it on other series.
But loving it so far!

A system of cells interlinked
Started watching this; we are about 5 episodes in on season 1. Good so far!

You ready? You look ready.
Aye, I started and finished season 1 this week. I am liking it. Interested to see what direction they go.
"This is that human freedom, which all boast that they possess, and which consists solely in the fact, that men are conscious of their own desire, but are ignorant of the causes whereby that desire has been determined." -Baruch Spinoza

The trick is not minding
Love this show. Enjoying the second season so far. Homelander is just all sorts of menacing as usual. Stormfront adds an extra layer of tension amongst the team.