Rate The Last Movie You Saw

Tools    

The 24 Hour War (2016)

For those of you interested in racing, this is an excellent documentary outlining the intense competition between Ford and Ferrari in the 1960s. The current movie Ford v Ferrari is evidently a dramatization of that competition from the year 1966 at Le Mans. This film is a good companion to FvF similar to the way Citizenfour was to Snowden.

The 24 Hour War presents the facts and background on these two racing giants, and is able to build suspense by the simple telling of the story via narration and interviews of the big names of the day: Mario Andretti, AJ Foyt, Peter Miles, Henry Ford II, Piero Ferrari, Carol Shelby, and many others. It includes almost all original footage from the era, as well as recent interviews.

This is a very watchable and fascinating 90 minutes.

Doc's rating: 7/10

Hell or High Water.

Definitely voting for it on the countdown.

7.75/10

This guy is hardcore rightwing of the likes Latin American politics had never seen before and now he is the main ideological influence on my country's government. A truly radical change.
Basicamente é um filho da puta, então. Qualquer nacionalista no Brazil tinha de acima de tudo apoiar os nativos, porque eles são o Brazil, são o verdadeiro sangue brasileiro, são a gema antes da chegada de Pedro Alvares Cabral em 1500. Recomendo o filme Serras da Desordem de 2006. Outro bom filme recente é Chuva É Cantoria Na Aldeia Dos Mortos. O que os portugueses não conseguiram fazer em 1500 está agora o Bolsonaro a fazer ao verdadeiro brazileiro, os nativos, extermínio étnico.

Basically his a son of a biatch, than. Any nationalist in Brazil above all should support the natives, because they are the Brazil, the real Brazilian blood, the gem before Pedro Alvares Cabral arriving in 1500. I recommend the film Serras da Desordem from 2006. Another good recent film is Chuva É Cantoria Na Aldeia Dos Mortos. What the Portuguese failed to achieve in 1500 in now being done by Bolsonaro, ethnic genocide.

Basicamente é um filho da puta, então. Qualquer nacionalista no Brazil tinha de acima de tudo apoiar os nativos, porque eles são o Brazil, são o verdadeiro sangue brasileiro, são a gema antes da chegada de Pedro Alvares Cabral em 1500. Recomendo o filme Serras da Desordem de 2006. Outro bom filme recente é Chuva É Cantoria Na Aldeia Dos Mortos. O que os portugueses não conseguiram fazer em 1500 está agora o Bolsonaro a fazer ao verdadeiro brazileiro, os nativos, extermínio étnico.
You are not Brazilian, are you? I would advise people to be less irrational regarding these things.

Bolsonaro has developed a terrible international reputation and for no practical reason. My theory is that this comes from his incapacity to behave as a well-mannered member of the international elite since he is from a low brown background and the fact that the Brazilian elites who control the media vehicles that control everything foreigners see regarding Brazil hate the guy a lot since he is not an establishment figure.

Looking from an objective viewpoint of policies implemented his government has been a bit clumsy but still is working better than any previous government we had in the past 20 years actually. Of course, the elites have a deep desire that the government collapses and try to feed on that narrative.

Não, sou de Portugal. Não falo de Bolsonaro, falo do Brazil, ele é mais importante que qualquer politico, e parte do respeito que deveria de existir, era respeitar a tradição e o maior respeito era respeitar o sangue. O Bolsonaro é um merdas, quer acabar com os nativos, "reintegrá-los na sociedade", o mesmo que dizer: despi-los de toda a sua cultura, como fizeram os Americanos aos nativos, simplesmente porque quer a Amazónia a todo custo, quer fazer o que os Portugueses fizeram em 1500, nós até fomos mais subtis, ele é burro ao ponto de queimar a Amazónia à frente de toda a gente para a despovoar e puder vender a lenha, mas a riqueza da Amazónia está para além do que aquele ignorante possa entender, ela é tão grande que a grande maioria ainda nem foi descoberta, um território igual à India ainda não foi descoberto na Amazónia, parte da mitologia sobre ela é acente nesse facto, um dos problemas de a desflorestar é, que, naquela terra nada mais cresce. O Bolsonaro é só um merdas como o Trump, o discurso dele agrada aos pobres e agrada aos ricos porque ele controla os pobres, pobres, aqueles que vivem em favelas no Rio de Janeiro ao lado de mansões, que comem do lixo que os das mansões deitam fora. No meio daquela colossal confusão que é o panorama social no Brazil, os nativos ainda conseguiam escapar naquelas selvas, me deixa triste, chateado que ele os queira arrastar para a confusão. Ainda bem que um português conseguiu dar alegria aquela gente faz uns dias. Jesus é foda, próximo treinador do Porto.

No, I'm from Portugal. I do not speak of Bolsonaro, I speak of Brazil, is more important than any politician, and part of the respect that should exist, is respecting the tradition and the greatest respect is respecting the blood. Bolsonaro sucks, wants to wipe out the natives, "reintegrate them into society," that is, to strip them of their culture, as Americans did to the natives, simply because they want the Amazonia at all costs, wants to do what the Portuguese did in 1500, we were more subtle, he's dumb enough to burn Amazonia in front of everyone to depopulate and sell the wood, but the wealth of Amazonia is beyond what that ignorant can understand, it is so large that the vast majority has not even been discovered, a territory the size of India has not yet been discovered, part of the mythology about it, is accentuated in that fact, one of the problems of deforesting it is that, in that land nothing grows. Bolsonaro is just crap like Trump, his speech appeals to the poor and appeals to the rich because it controls the poor, the poor, those who live in Rio de Janeiro's favelas next to mansions, who eat the garbage that the mansions throw away. In the midst of the colossal confusion that is the social landscape in Brazil, the natives still managed to escape in those jungles, it makes me sad, upset that he wants to drag them into the confusion. Good thing a Portuguese managed to make those people happy a few days ago. Jesus is awesome, Porto's next coach.

Boldly going.
Addams Family (2019)
6/10.
The animation wasn't bad, the music was good, and I liked that they showed some of Morticia's and Gomez's past, but the movie was only 1 1/2 hours, most of the jokes bombed and there wasn't much of a story.
Should have been a made-for-video movie.

Bring Me the Head of Alfredo Garcia (1974)

Peckinpah's bleak crime thriller is encumbered by the lack of proper story and uninteresting characters. First half is too slow but the characters still make some sense. The second half amps up the action but somehow loses the characters. Also could someone please explain why this is considered a western?

Addams Family (2019)
6/10.
... but the movie was only 1 1/2 hours,
Without wishing to sound like the oldest man in the room, but when did this become a criticism? I ask because it doesn't sound like you enjoyed it so much that you wish it was longer.

Baba Yaga
- If you like 70's Euro horror you're in the right place.

Please Quote/Tag Or I'll Miss Your Responses
The Little Girl Who Lives Down The Lane - 7.5/10
I never heard of this movie, don't even remember how I got it. But its good, with suspense. Nice story.

The Little Girl Who Lives Down The Lane - 7.5/10
I never heard of this movie, don't even remember how I got it. But its good, with suspense. Nice story.
One of my favorites and one of the few films I've given

A BEAUTIFUL DAY IN THE NEIGHBORHOOD
(2019)

“Let me tell you something you already know. The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place and I don't care how tough you are, it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain't about how hard ya hit. It's about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward. How much you can take and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done!” ~ Rocky Balboa

Angel Has Fallen

Not bad. Nolte was the best part.

This movie is really great. I suggest you watch..
[COLOR=inherit !important]

#s3gt_translate_tooltip_mini { display: none !important; }
[/color]