Rate The Last Movie You Saw

Tools    

"Honor is not in the Weapon. It is in the Man"

Animal Among Us (John Woodruff, 2019)
This is one horror meets psychological thriller whose title has a double meaning. The story revolves around a horror author and college professor who goes to the campground he wrote about, where 15 years ago a double murder took place apparently from sort of creature. There's much more to the story that it seems and that's the key to the film...the many twists and turns in the plot, all driven with excellent performances by Christian Oliver, Larisa Oleynik, and even UFC legend Don Frye. The film reminded me of various horror films of past but all wrapped up in one night shocking package.

A Single Shot (2013)

Not a bad story of depression in a guy that wants to get his solidity back after losing his home wife and son. An accident leaves him with, what seems, a way out and also to redeem his own existence. Good performances, solid, unspectacular.

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.

Seth Meyers: Lobby Baby (Neal Brennan, 2019)
6.5/10
Invasion of the Blood Farmers (Ed Adlum, 1972)
4/10
Derby (Robert Kaylor, 1970)
6/10
Klaus (Sergio Pablos, 2019)
+ 6.5/10

Spoiled, rich postal academy student is sent by his father WAY up north to give him one last chance and he befriends a certain woodsman.
The Awakening of Motti Wolkenbruch (Michael Steiner, 2018)
+ 6/10
The Pathfinder (Sidney Salkow, 1952)
+ 5/10
Gwen (William McGregor, 2018)
5.5/10
Treasure (Chris Williamson, 2017)
6.5/10

Another spoiled brat (Ansley Gordon) finds she prefers community service and geocaching to endless partying.
The Mourning Hills (R. Todd Campbell, 2014)
- 5.5/10
The Blood Drinkers (Gerardo de Leon, 1964)
5/10
Nightmare Cinema (5 Directors, 1944)
5.5/10
Shadows in the Sun (Brad Mirman, 2005)
- 6.5/10

Aspiring writer/publishing assistant Joshua Jackson finds famous writer Harvey Keitel in Italy, and they take turns hating and helping each other.
Re: Born (Yűji Shimomura, 2016)
6/10
Undercover Brother 2 (Leslie Small, 2019)
5/10
A Bluebird in My Heart (Jérémie Guez, 2018)
6/10
It All Started at the End (Luis Ospina, 2015)
+ 6.5/10

Elegaic compendium of Columbian film history plus home movies and interviews with those involved.
The Chrysanthemum and the Guillotine (Takahisa Zeze, 2018)
5.5/10
Science Fair (Cristina Costantini & Darren Foster, 2018)
- 6.5/10
The Alien Dead (Fred Olen Ray, 1980)
- 4/10
Mortal Kombat: Rebirth (Kevin Tancharoen, 2017)
- 7/10

Police captain Michael Jai White enlists the aid of a mystery man to help him clean up his city from violent wackos.

Seth Meyers: Lobby Baby (Neal Brennan, 2019)
6.5/10
Invasion of the Blood Farmers (Ed Adlum, 1972)
4/10
Derby (Robert Kaylor, 1970)
6/10
Klaus (Sergio Pablos, 2019)
+ 6.5/10

Spoiled, rich postal academy student is sent by his father WAY up north to give him one last chance and he befriends a certain woodsman.
The Awakening of Motti Wolkenbruch (Michael Steiner, 2018)
+ 6/10
The Pathfinder (Sidney Salkow, 1952)
+ 5/10
Gwen (William McGregor, 2018)
5.5/10
Treasure (Chris Williamson, 2017)
6.5/10

Another spoiled brat (Ansley Gordon) finds she prefers community service and geocaching to endless partying.
The Mourning Hills (R. Todd Campbell, 2014)
- 5.5/10
The Blood Drinkers (Gerardo de Leon, 1964)
5/10
Nightmare Cinema (5 Directors, 1944)
5.5/10
Shadows in the Sun (Brad Mirman, 2005)
- 6.5/10

Aspiring writer/publishing assistant Joshua Jackson finds famous writer Harvey Keitel in Italy, and they take turns hating and helping each other.
Re: Born (Yűji Shimomura, 2016)
6/10
Undercover Brother 2 (Leslie Small, 2019)
5/10
A Bluebird in My Heart (Jérémie Guez, 2018)
6/10
It All Started at the End (Luis Ospina, 2015)
+ 6.5/10

Elegaic compendium of Columbian film history plus home movies and interviews with those involved.
The Chrysanthemum and the Guillotine (Takahisa Zeze, 2018)
5.5/10
Science Fair (Cristina Costantini & Darren Foster, 2018)
- 6.5/10
The Alien Dead (Fred Olen Ray, 1980)
- 4/10
Mortal Kombat: Rebirth (Kevin Tancharoen, 2017)
- 7/10

Police captain Michael Jai White enlists the aid of a mystery man to help him clean up his city from violent wackos.
Have you EVER given a 5 or even 4.5 star rating?!

Sorry if I'm rude but I'm right
Sure - about 10
and 25
movies.
With my new rating system I'd say the numbers in my case are about the same!
Look, I'm not judging you - after all, I'm posting here myself, but maybe, just maybe, if you spent less time here and more time watching films, maybe, and I stress, maybe your taste would be of some value. Just a thought, ya know.

Have you EVER given a 5 or even 4.5 star rating?!
Sure - about 10
and 25
movies.
Wow, I have about the same, but you’ve also seen about 130 times as many movies as me!

The Outlaw Josey Wales (1976)

Way too long for its (lack of) story. Not much depth in characters either. Also too light for my tastes. Occasionally entertaining still but seems way overrated.

A Single Shot (2013)

Not a bad story of depression in a guy that wants to get his solidity back after losing his home wife and son. An accident leaves him with, what seems, a way out and also to redeem his own existence. Good performances, solid, unspectacular.

How can't I watch the movie now after your description.

It Chapter Two (2019)

Chapter One was mostly about the better parts of the book and it still managed to be only mediocre. Chapter Two was worse but not as much as I was afraid of. Again I don't like the changes to the book and it also suffers from the regular King issue; all of his adults are annoying (it's not exactly King's issue though but the world's, I'm afraid) and less time the kids have the worse the story gets. Also some of the CGI was terribly bad.

Welcome to the human race...
Holmes and Watson -

whoops forgot that I'm supposed to be prepping for a best-of-decade list instead of worst-of-decade list

One of those movies that makes you wonder why it was decided to make a movie from the novel of the same name. Alicia Vikander is adorable & made & carried the movie for me. Only interesting concept was the movie was set in Japan & Vikander convincingly spoke Japanese. If the movie were set in America or England, it would be a massive yawn as there’s not much to it.

Joker (2019)

You get what you deserve. Like wow the first time I haven't regretted going to the theater in a long time.

Zombieland: Double Tap (2019)

Sadly it doesn't come close to the first one and is very forgettable. My girlfriend liked it tho so that's something at least.