Last Christmas

Tools    

A bucket of anxiety
The first ad we watched for this movie made it seem like a comedy but now the ads are edited like a horror film and when I look it up it says it's a dramatic romance..? I'm really afraid to look up stuff about it because I might want to check it out and people are already talking about the plot in full detail.

Reportedly it opens on Nov. 8 (tomorrow). Although it currently has mediocre reviews, it sounds cute, and as long as it promotes Christmas spirit, I'll definitely check it out.

~Doc

We've gone on holiday by mistake
I don't know about anyone else but when we start seeing movies using TV star actors/actresses as part of some marketing ploy to bring in said TV show fans, I feel it greatly cheapens the film and look tacky, and usually those films are hella bad.

See Emilia Clarke in Terminator, probably Last Christmas.
Sophie Turner in X-Men. Kit Harrington in that Spooks movie.

It was the same when "Friends" was its peak, all those guys were doing a load of trash movies.

It's not all bad, David Schwimmer was great in Band of Brothers/OJ (both TV programmes though).

I think with Game of Thrones finale being deeply unpopular we're going to see a lot of those actors disappear. Unfortunate for Emilia Clarke as I think she nailed it in S7-8. Critics are already questioning her performance in Last Christmas.

A bucket of anxiety

It was the same when "Friends" was its peak, all those guys were doing a load of trash movies.

It's not all bad, David Schwimmer was great in Band of Brothers/OJ (both TV programmes though).
I know him for Melman in Madagascar