Spider-Man: Across the Spider-Verse (2023)

Tools    

"Honor is not in the Weapon. It is in the Man"
Last Friday, Chris Miller announced on his Twitter a date has been locked for the sequel to Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse: April 8, 2022.

In addition, despite the film not meeting its hopeful goal of $200 million, Miller and Phil Lord made the announcement that they are including the Japanese Spider-Man in the sequel. The character was the star of a 1978 TV series revolving around a motorcycle racer who is injected with the blood of the last survivor of Planet Spider and given a bracelet that gives him his outfit. This Spider-Man even had his own mecha, Leopordon. I wonder if the mecha will be a part of the sequel as well.

A glimpse of the Japanese Spider-Man for those who are unfamilar:

A bucket of anxiety
I wasn't a big fan of the first one. I guess it was just an introduction film so it was incredibly lack luster. My husband doesn't want to see it at all because he couldn't get through the first act of Spiderverse 1 but I'm confident that the sequel will be more focused on doing something interesting and therefore will be better but we'll see.

I'm into it. First one was very good. If I felt letdown at all its only because people were so effusive about it, but still really strong movie, and a really fun concept. Art style was tremendous.

A system of cells interlinked
I liked the first one a lot more than I thought I would; exceptional animation with a lot of fun set pieces and characters.

Looking forward to the second one!

Me too, the first one was my favorite, everything was on point in it

I saw this today and really liked it. I don't think it as fantastic as the first, but it is still terrific. I loved the animation and all the Spiderpeople characters.

This was something else. Almost cant describe the look of this thing visually, but has a familar story that doesnt feel worn out because of the characters. I loved INTO very much. This almost equals it for me and some aspects surpassed the previous entry. A little bit of bloat on the backend but interested to see if they can stick the landing (3rd entry).

I never could get the hang of Thursdays.
I thought it was a little less fun than the first one and a little too long but the animation was really fantastic.

I watched it on a date night with my boyfriend (he also showed me the first one). I agree that the animation was fantastic, especially the different animation styles in different [multi?]/universes, but overall it’s just not my type of thing. I fully respect what it sets out to do (and does), and my boyfriend loved both films and thought this one was better, but I think generally the thing just isn’t for me.

my boyfriend loved both films and thought this one was better
I know you can't judge a person's character by a single, superficial metric, but when you said in another thread that your boyfriend had taken you to see this one in the theater I was like "He's a keeper!".

I know you can't judge a person's character by a single, superficial metric, but when you said in another thread that your boyfriend had taken you to see this one in the theater I was like "He's a keeper!".
You’re not wrong, he very much is and (obviously, otherwise how would I stand him) for the most part, our film tastes match, and in fact I feel like he introduces me to stuff I wouldn’t necessarily normally watch (as with this one), which is pretty valuable.