Art film about ballet dancers

Tools    

This isn't actually a film I've seen, but rather one my father watched about twenty years ago and has been searching for for several years. It was an art film, about half an hour in length, featuring a large group of modern ballet dancers dancing through buildings. It was made between twenty and thirty years ago, and my father thinks it was set in Marseille.

Had a scan of IMDb and Wiki... only thing I could find was this http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0260713/
Etoiles: Dancers Of The Paris Opera Ballet
I don't think it was either of those. Just to clarify, the film wasn't a documentary, and instead of taking place on a stage the dancers moved through several buildings (which my father thinks but isn't sure were located in Marseille).

Which version of The Red Shoes do you mean? There seem to be multiple films of the same name, but they don't seem related to the ballet of the same name.

...Which version of The Red Shoes do you mean? There seem to be multiple films of the same name, but they don't seem related to the ballet of the same name.
1948 version. Which might sound older of a movie than you remember but it is a Technicolor film so it doesn't seem to me like a 40s movie.

The most loathsome of all goblins
It sounds like something La La La Human Steps might have done. They were active from the early 80s until disbanding a few years ago, and more than one of their performances has aired on PBS.

Check the beginning of Blow-up.

I'm almost positive you're talking about "Russian Ark". It's a film that's filmed in one continuous shot. It shows actors/dancers in period dress dancing throughout St. Petersburg’s Hermitage Museum. It's an amazing piece. You can find the trailer on YouTube.

I'm almost positive you're talking about "Russian Ark". It's a film that's filmed in one continuous shot. It shows actors/dancers in period dress dancing throughout St. Petersburg’s Hermitage Museum. It's an amazing piece. You can find the trailer on YouTube.
That's not modern dancers though, and there was maybe one scene with ballet dancers from what I saw. There were people dancing, but no professional dancers.

Here's the full movie in case anyone wants to watch it.