Modern sci fi movie to watch tonight?

Tools    

A system of cells interlinked
Yes. I mentioned it in the 4th post. It's very, very low budget and extremely nihilistic. But I really enjoyed it.
In that case, I guess I am not as interested. Speaking of nihilistic, I made the mistake of watching Claire Denis' High Life, which was probably one of the worst films I have seen in a long time. In fact, I only made it about 45 minutes in before shutting it down. I am not sure if I have seen any of her other films, but she reminds me of Von Trier, who I loathe, so I doubt I will check out anything else she has done. I am all set with Nihilistic self-loathers.

In that case, I guess I am not as interested. Speaking of nihilistic, I made the mistake of watching Claire Denis' High Life, which was probably one of the worst films I have seen in a long time. In fact, I only made it about 45 minutes in before shutting it down. I am not sure if I have seen any of her other films, but she reminds me of Von Trier, who I loathe, so I doubt I will check out anything else she has done. I am all set with Nihilistic self-loathers.
Yeah prob best to stick to more mainstream sci fi in that case.

A system of cells interlinked
Yeah prob best to stick to more mainstream sci fi in that case.

I am fine with many indie and plenty of darker sci-fi, but not as unrelentingly bleak as High Life. it was basically scene after scene of stuff I would rather not ever see.

I am fine with many indie and plenty of darker sci-fi, but not as unrelentingly bleak as High Life. it was basically scene after scene of stuff I would rather not ever see.
I loved it. In my top 10 of the year no doubt. Cinema like that doesn't come along very often, that's what I liked about it.

That elusive hide-and-seek cow is at it again
@ScarletLion
The more info I look into for Aniara, the more I realize it must not have been the movie I am thinking of. Can you confirm that this opening is or is not part of that movie?

There was a young woman, maybe 20s, boarding a large transport ship to go live with her sister on another planet. There are video/holographic adverts showing how peaceful this new world is with green grass and blue skies. Her sister had left some time before. I never finished the movie for whatever reason and had made a mental association to Aniara (for whatever other reason) that this was the one to return to and finish.

Maybe it released around the same time and I got my wires mixed up. But yeah, low budget foreign language transport ship through space and things go wrong. I never doubted this was that movie, for what are the odds?!

If that doesn't ring any bells re: Aniara, then I have another movie to seek out now. Grrr..

I justify derailing this thread in part because if I have been mistaken all this time and I do find the name of another movie, then that will be my new suggestion to watch

"Ever try to forcibly pin down a house cat? It's not easy." - Captain Steel

"I just can't get pass sticking a finger up a dog's butt." - John Dumbear

@ScarletLion
The more info I look into for Aniara, the more I realize it must not have been the movie I am thinking of. Can you confirm that this opening is or is not part of that movie? There was a young woman, maybe 20s, boarding a large transport ship to go live with her sister on another planet. There are video/holographic adverts showing how peaceful this new world is with green grass and blue skies. Her sister had left some time before. I never finished the movie for whatever reason and had made a mental association to Aniara (for whatever other reason) that this was the one to return to and finish.

Maybe it released around the same time and I got my wires mixed up. But yeah, low budget foreign language transport ship through space and things go wrong. I never doubted this was that movie, for what are the odds?!

If that doesn't ring any bells re: Aniara, then I have another movie to seek out now. Grrr..

I justify derailing this thread in part because if I have been mistaken all this time and I do find the name of another movie, then that will be my new suggestion to watch
Ok:

1) No it's not Aniara

2) Weirdly - It is actually one of the other films I recommended on page 1 of this thread- 'Cargo' (2009)

ROFL NOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!
For MONTHS I've had it in my head "OK, yn, don't you forget now! RETURN TO Aniara and finish that movie!!! And while you're at it, might as well pick up Cargo and check that one out too based on what others are saying..."

I swear my mind is failing me =*(

*EDIT*
Thank you for clearing this all up for me.

I think that one is on NF, but at the rate I'm going it was probably Showtime. =\

Tau 2018

I thought this was called Pau and took me 10 minutes to find what it was actually called so please go watch it
Do you know what a roller pigeon is, Barney? They climb high and fast, then roll over and fall just as fast toward the earth. There are shallow rollers and deep rollers. You can’t breed two deep rollers, or their young will roll all the way down, hit, and die. Officer Starling is a deep roller, Barney. We should hope one of her parents was not.

Cargo is currently on The Third Shelf Upstairs if that helps at all yin

Oblivion
Sunshine
Moon
Prometheus
Alien: covenant
Interstellar

Demolition Man

Dredd
Gamer
Minority Report

Ready Player One