**** Movies

Tools    

Such a waste of time and money. What do we really end up with in the end?

The trick is not minding
I’m not sure what you’re saying here. Is your issue with 4 star films in general or 4 star films you’ve watched that didn’t vibe with you?

I’m not sure what you’re saying here. Is your issue with 4 star films in general or 4 star films you’ve watched that didn’t vibe with you?
I don't know what the OP is all about here either? But I'm guessing **** =profanity and not a rating of 4 stars. But I could be wrong. OP whats up?

I mean, if they're good, they enrich us, as does all fine art.

Obviously it feels lame and bad when you fork over time and money for something you don't even enjoy, but even that artistic failure is usually instructive and, if analyzed even a little, increases your ability to predict which future experiences are worth your attention. And if you find even one transcendent, deeply satisfying experience ever 50-100 films, you're probably coming out ahead overall.

When I think of movies as a whole, I don't think about the wasted time. I think about the masterpieces where I get so much enjoyment over the years, watching them, rewatching them, analyzing them, and talking about them, that it hardly seems fair, but the other way. It seems unfair that I get to enjoy something that much when it cost me so little.

Genuinely lolled my face off at this.

Sorry Wyldesyde

That elusive hide-and-seek cow is at it again

Sorry Wyldesyde
Same lol. Made my day.

A bucket of anxiety
I mean, if they're good, they enrich us, as does all fine art.

Obviously it feels lame and bad when you fork over time and money for something you don't even enjoy, but even that artistic failure is usually instructive and, if analyzed even a little, increases your ability to predict which future experiences are worth your attention. And if you find even one transcendent, deeply satisfying experience ever 50-100 films, you're probably coming out ahead overall.

When I think of movies as a whole, I don't think about the wasted time. I think about the masterpieces where I get so much enjoyment over the years, watching them, rewatching them, analyzing them, and talking about them, that it hardly seems fair, but the other way. It seems unfair that I get to enjoy something that much when it cost me so little.
Likewise

The trick is not minding

Sorry Wyldesyde
Same lol. Made my day.
Ok, so I miss read it. I’m a doof sometimes 🙁

That elusive hide-and-seek cow is at it again

Same lol. Made my day.
Ok, so I miss read it. I’m a doof sometimes 🙁

Ha! Not at all. I got what you meant but I did question whether you were having some fun with the original poster. I thought it was a great reply on a few levels.

You tell us.

Credits.

A system of cells interlinked
In Soviet USA, movies **** you!