Best Sex Scene

Tools    

Lord High Filmquisitor
I've always been a fan of the scene in Watchmen, myself. Perhaps the most memorable (and simultaneously awkward) is from Sex Is Comedy.

Jack Nicholson taking Jessica Lange on the butcher block kitchen table in THE POSTMAN ALWAYS RINGS TWICE. Also wanted to mention that I hated the Halle Berry/Billy Bob Thornton sex scene in MONSTER'S BALL...there was nothing erotic about it, it was just kind of cheap and sleazy.
Concur! But, I must admit that Billy Bob has had some enviable luck with the ladies.

I've always been a fan of the scene in Watchmen, myself. .
Good call. Superheroes having sex is new, to say the least.
Here, if you have a milkshake, and I have a milkshake, and I have a straw. There it is, that's a straw, you see? You watching?. And my straw reaches acroooooooss the room, and starts to drink your milkshake... I... drink... your... milkshake!
-Daniel, There Will Be Blood

Lord High Filmquisitor
Good call. Superheroes having sex is new, to say the least.
Both the post-rescue and "Now there's two of me" scenes were pretty memorable there. I mean, who wouldn't want to build their own threesome? You don't have to worry about messing around with other dudes!

I've always been a fan of the scene in Watchmen, myself. Perhaps the most memorable (and simultaneously awkward) is from Sex Is Comedy.

The scene in Watchmen is great

Juliette binoche and Jeremy irons, in the classic sexual drama Damaged 1992

I always took Showgirls to be a bit of a piss take as how silly a lot of those 80's and early 90's style sex scenes actually were, the kind of thing were you can just imagine the sax from Carless Whisper over the top.

Not all of them aiming to be erotic but I'd say the most effective sex(or at least strongly sexual) scenes I'v seen.

Mulholland Drive/Lost Highway/Blue Velvet
Persona
The Shining
Under The Skin
Woman of the Dunes
Blue is The Warmest Colour
Terminator
The Cook, The Thief, His Wife and Her Lover
Black Swan
Ugestu
Shame
Her
Angel Heart
The Unbearable Lightness of Being
Inherent Vice
Betty Blue

“I was cured, all right!”
Most of the time, sex scenes are the worst part of a movie imo. If I watch a movie like Basic Instinct, of course I want some sex, but in lots of dramas or actions, just doesn't fit, it looks out of place, forced and boring.

One I really like, is the Risk Busines scene.

WARNING: "Risk B." spoilers below
It's amazing how the camera go through some Tom's pics during the sex, it means we are seen a teen growing into a man, part of his innocence is dying in that moment.

I do agree on Angel heart, amazingly shocking scene,lisa bonet is hot gal

Most of the time, sex scenes are the worst part of a movie imo. If I watch a movie like Basic Instinct, of course I want some sex, but in lots of dramas or actions, just doesn't fit, it looks out of place, forced and boring.
80's thrillers and action films plus a lot of modern net series come to mind forcing it into stories were it doesn't really belong and often not filming it very well either.

As I said in the other thread I think in the US especially there has tended to be a situation were casual sexuality is overused but actually making films with it as a central subject is underused. You could argue things have changed a bit more recently but someone like Lynch was a rarity and always more loved in mainland Europe than in the US.

A system of cells interlinked
The scene in Watchmen is great
One of the worst/cheesiest sex scenes ever, IMO! Surprised to see it getting so much love in this thread. Comes across as some unintentional comedy to me!

One of the worst/cheesiest sex scenes ever, IMO! Surprised to see it getting so much love in this thread. Comes across as some unintentional comedy to me!

I cannot even explain why, but I've always loved it. However I can totally see where you are coming from.