El Camino: Breaking Bad Movie

Tools    

The Adventure Starts Here!
Just finished El Camino.

It answered some of the biggest questions, and everything got tied up fairly neatly.

But I think it lacked some of the ingenious twists and clever plot developments we came to expect from BB. There were some nice little devices here and there, but it felt relatively straightforward. Aaron Paul was marvelous throughout, especially as he was experiencing some of the PTSD symptoms of his imprisonment.

WARNING: "Plot point spoilers" spoilers below
I do wonder, though, whether Jesse's face has been SO all over the news (I assume it was nationwide news) that he would be recognized, even where he ends up.

Movie Forums Squirrel Jumper
I just saw it but felt it was an overall let down. The ending was was fans have been saying should happen for years now, and all Vince Gilligan did was confirm an already popular fan theory, nothing more. No real unpredictable twists and turns really.

Nothing crazy, but I'd say it's the equivalent of two Pretty Good Breaking Bad episodes back to back. Some very clever stuff, and it definitely fleshes the world and some of the characters out a bit more. I think any BB fan has to see it, and there's some really well-shot, tense scenes in there.

Movie Forums Squirrel Jumper
Another thing is, does it feel like the movie is strangely low budget looking and feeling? BB is probably the biggest show of all time, just as big of a fan base as Star Wars probably, yet this movie wasn't even opted for a theatrical release, and they just decided to make it a netflix original, and a low budget feeling one at that.

That elusive hide-and-seek cow is at it again
No, I didn't feel it was low budget. Sets made sense and felt grounded in the reality the show defined. Plastic columns in a lawyer's office based in an abandoned strip mall, a busted up camper, junk yards, and off brand fast food joints don't really scream high budget to me. So no issues there.

Also it wasn't really a movie so much as it was an extended episode. Too the plot really needed familiarity with the series and I doubt the average movie-goer would appreciate it without that knowledge.

Finally, I watched BB in the comfort of my home. I don't imagine a theatrical run would have interested me at all.

I just saw it but felt it was an overall let down. The ending was was fans have been saying should happen for years now, and all Vince Gilligan did was confirm an already popular fan theory, nothing more. No real unpredictable twists and turns really.
I did feel that there s some kind of anti climax to it that really lets it down considering the tense scenes it had