Bluff City Law

Tools    

Emmy winner Jimmy Smits returns to NBC as the head of a prestigious Memphis law firm who reaches out to his hotheaded legal whiz daughter (Caitlin McGee) to return to his firm after the death of his wife and her mother. The series strikes originality points for having this firm deal primarily in civil rights cases and class action suits. The daughter is a little too much of a know-it-all, but veteran Smits made this hour worth investing in. In addition to dealing with multiple cases every week, there will be family drama interwoven since it was revealed at the end of the pilot that the young techno-geek who works at the firm is also Smits' illegitimate son. I would rather see the show concentrate on one case a week or as a story arc, but Smits alone makes this one worth a look.

Just wrapped ep 2...the family drama is a lot more interesting than the legal drama, unfortunately, the legal drama is getting the lion's share of screentime. Smits is still awesome though.

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
Just wrapped ep 2...the family drama is a lot more interesting than the legal drama, unfortunately, the legal drama is getting the lion's share of screentime. Smits is still awesome though.

I agree that the family drama is the most interesting part of this show. I'm glad that his daughter is at least trying to get along with his son.

But if you're looking for a good legal show, I think "All Rise" is a better show.