STALLONE AND KURT RUSSELL SPEAKING ABOUT ‘TANGO & CASH’ SEQUEL

Tools    

Did your caps key get stuck?

"The title, it made me deaf you know" - Quasimodo

Seems to me it might work as a comedy, frequently pointing out the limitations of their dotage. But Stallone is 73. How much longer can he pull off action stuff?

Movie Forums Squirrel Jumper
Tango and Cash was a terrible movie back then! The scene with Terri Hatcher and Kurt dressed up as a woman was the only funny part.

I can't believe they would actually consider making a sequel now! Can Hollywood just stop with the desperate reboots...

Oh goodness. Like the first one wasn't bad enough.
bad enough?

The first one was mediocre at best.

I'm just not understanding Sly these days. He delivered an Oscar worthy performance in Creed 4 years ago (he was robbed of the Oscar win). Since then, he's made some really questionable career choices. With the exception of Guardians of the Galaxy Volume 2, which saw him in a secondary role, and maybe even Creed 2, which I was not too big on either, he has made two unnecessary and terrible sequels to Escape Plan, which did not deserve any sequels in the first place, Backtrace, a lousy straight-to-video film that nobody saw, and now another unnecessary and terrible sequel to Rambo. Instead of making quality films with distinguished writers and directors, Sly chose to stick to his "comfort zone". What on earth is the matter with him?
“Let me tell you something you already know. The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place and I don't care how tough you are, it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain't about how hard ya hit. It's about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward. How much you can take and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done!” ~ Rocky Balboa

Welcome to the human race...
This is how he's always been, though. Sure, he was good in Creed and it was a generally good movie, but think about how much further back you'd have to go to see him in anything on that level. Myself, I'd take it all the way back to Cop Land in '97 - and before that, who knows. Maybe Tango and Cash or Rocky III if I'm being generous, but maybe it would just be First Blood. The guy just hasn't been in a lot of good movies to begin with and it's not hard to see why getting a nomination for playing Rocky a seventh time wouldn't necessarily spur him to do anything more than churn out more sequels involving his most iconic characters (and also Escape Plan, presumably because that's the closest thing he's done to a hit without Rocky or Rambo so hey might as well milk it even though most of the novelty was in seeing him team up with Schwarzenegger).

Anyway, I'll believe this exists when I see it. Wouldn't be surprised if he's just talking up which of his '80s work he could still franchise while promoting Rambo Number Five.

This is how he's always been, though. Sure, he was good in Creed and it was a generally good movie, but think about how much further back you'd have to go to see him in anything on that level. Myself, I'd take it all the way back to Cop Land in '97 - and before that, who knows. Maybe Tango and Cash or Rocky III if I'm being generous, but maybe it would just be First Blood. The guy just hasn't been in a lot of good movies to begin with and it's not hard to see why getting a nomination for playing Rocky a seventh time wouldn't necessarily spur him to do anything more than churn out more sequels involving his most iconic characters (and also Escape Plan, presumably because that's the closest thing he's done to a hit without Rocky or Rambo so hey might as well milk it even though most of the novelty was in seeing him team up with Schwarzenegger).

Anyway, I'll believe this exists when I see it. Wouldn't be surprised if he's just talking up which of his '80s work he could still franchise while promoting Rambo Number Five.
I second you on that,but demolition man and Cliffhanger are two of his best movies

I second you on that,but demolition man and Cliffhanger are two of his best movies
I believe Sly's best acting performances can be seen in the following movies:

Rocky
F.I.S.T.
Rocky II
Night Hawks
First Blood
Rocky III
Oscar
Cliffhanger
Demolition Man
Cop Land
Rocky Balboa
Creed
Creed II

The original film is a guilty pleasure of mine, but I think they might have waited a little too long to do this. As a previous poster mentioned, it might work as a comedy where the fact that the guys are "too old for this s**t" is consistently addressed throughout.

I believe Sly's best acting performances can be seen in the following movies:

Rocky
F.I.S.T.
Rocky II
Night Hawks
First Blood
Rocky III
Oscar
Demolition Man
Cop Land
Rocky Balboa
Creed
Creed II
i like when he yells in Nighthawks after rutger hauer cuts the face of lando calrisian XD lol, he yells: you re ****in dead, you re ****in deaaaaaddd

He's an 'action star' where he acted 'best' are not necessarily my favorite sly movies, fav / best Sly:
Sly was good in Assassins. I overlooked it. That movie had potential to be so much bigger than it turned out to be, especially with Richard Donner sitting in the director's chair.

Lock Up is another movie I overlooked. His performance was good here, too. It was an underrated prison drama.

Rocky IV is actually my favorite Rocky film right after the original. It's by far the most entertaining entry in the franchise, despite the fact that both the plot and acting performances were cheesy and ridiculous. It also has the best soundtrack ever made in my opinion.

Cobra was another missed opportunity for Sly. A typical cheesy 80's action flick that could have rivaled the Dirty Harry films, but fell short. I still enjoy that movie, though.

Over The Top is great. Sure, it's a cheesy 80's action drama about "arm wrestling" with poor acting performances, especially by the kid who played Sly's son (he was annoying as hell), but I still love it. The soundtrack of the movie is even better than the film itself.