U.S. Army Warning About Joker

Tools    

When I was in school allot of Behavior classes for bad kids got little funding and they were mixed with regular kids. When BD students had lots of illnesses. How a person turns out can happen by things he sees at that moment. Now obvious movies cannot be the blame or games. Its parents and schools really of today.

You ready? You look ready.
This isn't a matter of someone going crazy because this movie release inspired them. This is more of a they have identified a credible threat against a movie theater, which one we don't know, from within the incel communities online.

I don't think it's outlandish at all for this warning to get put out considering the Aurora shooter is idolized by incel groups. Seems only rational that someone from within that group would be "inspired" to do the same thing. Plus, from the time the movie was announced to when it actually gets released...that's a long enough time to acquire weapons and plan an attack. Just sayin'.
"This is that human freedom, which all boast that they possess, and which consists solely in the fact, that men are conscious of their own desire, but are ignorant of the causes whereby that desire has been determined." -Baruch Spinoza

Ghouls, vampires, werewolves... let's party.
IMO, none of these news organizations should be reporting on this, when it's a warning from one single army base and highly speculative. I swear the news will jump on anything just to increase ratings. The sad thing is, this media coverage could spark a nutcase to do just what it is they're warning about.
Whenever there's a credible threat, it should be reported. The news people are doing their jobs. They're not responsible for the crazies who evidently look to the violence in movies for their inspiration. To say that the news reports are responsible for terrorism is absurd.

Whenever there's a credible threat, it should be reported. The news people are doing their jobs. They're not responsible for the crazies who evidently look to the violence in movies for their inspiration. To say that the news reports are responsible for terrorism is absurd.
There's been documented cases of mass shooters copying previous mass shooters. So it's not absurd to say that an over hyped, speculative news report could cause the very thing that they warned about. FYI, I'm not criticizing you for posting this on MoFo, not at all I'm glad you did. I'm criticizing the big news media for picking this story up and running with it.

There's been documented cases of mass shooters copying previous mass shooters. So it's not absurd to say that an over hyped, speculative news report could cause the very thing that they warned about. FYI, I'm not criticizing you for posting this on MoFo, not at all I'm glad you did. I'm criticizing the big news media for picking this story up and running with it.
It's their duty to report it. People have a right to know about such things so that they may take appropriate actions to limit as many deaths as possible. To ignore such threats is not logical.

It's their duty to report it. People have a right to know about such things so that they may take appropriate actions to limit as many deaths as possible. To ignore such threats is not logical.
I didn't say threats should be ignored, but they shouldn't be used to sell commercial time on major networks.

I didn't say threats should be ignored, but they shouldn't be used to sell commercial time on major networks.
They're not "selling" anything. They are reporting the news.

I wonder how many lives might have been saved if there were news reports about the terrorist attacks on 9-11 at least a week before it happened. People have a right to know the truth.

I don't mean to be fowl but people need to actually get off of their asses and do something to fix violence instead of pointing a finger and making themselves feel good for pointing it
Fowl?

I wonder how many lives might have been saved if there were news reports about the terrorist attacks on 9-11 at least a week before it happened. People have a right to know the truth.
It's a double edged sword - giving out information based on indefinite "intelligence" (such as that based on "chatter" or rumors or anything that cannot be 100% confirmed - and as we know, almost nothing is 100%) can cause panic which could get people hurt or killed and can negatively effect commerce, transportation, the stock market, etc.

Release warnings more than once when nothing happens and the public will question your credibility and begin ignoring you (the Boy-Who-Cried-Wolf syndrome).

But if you don't release such warnings and something DOES happen, then you are charged with failing to protect the public by telling what you knew or accused with a variety of conspiracy theories.

I don't mean to be fowl but people need to actually get off of their asses and do something to fix violence instead of pointing a finger and making themselves feel good for pointing it

A-effing-men. That's the only reason people talk about "issues" anymore.

A-effing-men. That's the only reason people talk about "issues" anymore.
I'm not sure if I understand the thrust of your post? Care to elaborate?
It's just a little venting. It seems like people only talk about political or social issues to point fingers, which to me is very childish considering such topics directly pertain to the world and its future.