Rate The Last Movie You Saw

Tools    

The Lost World (1925)

All kinds of fun, not in the class of the original King Kong, but much better than the last couple of Jurassic Park movies. Of course the effects are archaic, but I sure didn't mind. Pretty good characters too.

The Jazz Singer (Alan Crosland, 1927)
+
Al Jolson does let the show down somewhat but not for the reason some cry about nowadays

I saw it chapter 2 and it was just amazing and I would like to give 8/10

Unregistered User

Theatre of Blood (1973)

Really bizarre film that actually works as a horror-comedy, where as a lot of todays simply do not. Manages to mix some funny moments with genuinely well made death scenes. Really enjoyed Price in this one.

Dutch Angle: Chas Gerretsen & Apocalypse Now (2019)

Very simple doc with interviews and some great shots of Apoc Now.

The Incident (2011)

“I was cured, all right!”
Bacurau (2019)

Visually stunning but completely heavy handed ideological BS mixed in (which was almost facist).

This film was made with a lot of public money. Wich means, my (and my brothers) fu****g money. Not only that, this guy (the director) uses our money in an illegal way to make his films. Good **** they can't jail the guy 'cause this country is ****ed up.

Also, this film is left-wing — I believe there are some great differences between right and left in USA/Brazil (?)

Anyway, I will pass this one.

Please Quote/Tag Or I'll Miss Your Responses
My Way Home - 7.5/10
I'd probably like this more had I not been up since 4am. Had to pause a few times, but I'll definitely watch this in the future under better circumstances.

A film for Rambo fans.
A film that doesnt give a **** about anything.
A true action movie. One of the best of the year.
Not for the ones who think movies should be just an intellectual delight or an extension of their believes.

Also, this film is left-wing — I believe there are some great differences between right and left in USA/Brazil (?)
The Brazilian left is still the old school "Lenin was a cool guy" Marxist left that thinks the world is divided into "good guys" and "bad guys". The US left is left liberal (except Bernie), which would be center right in Brazil.

Anyway, I will pass this one.
I was disappointed because the movie started out very good and then became super moronic ideological propaganda.

Lords of Chaos (2018)

Very heavy stuff. Although it is very inconsistent in what it wants to say it is still an effective movie and has some solid acting. Kinda like American Pie meets Come and See.

Weekend re-watches:

Wesley Snipes' character is really unlikable and the secondary story of crackhead Samuel L. Jackson is a lot more interesting than the interracial romance that is the primary story. The film makes some bold statements about bigotry but the primary story never really gels. It's never boring though.

One of my favorite comedies from childhood still holds up pretty well. It actually has a little more substance than I remember. Rosalind Russell and Hayley Mills are sublime, though I've never understood why they felt the need to dye Mills' glorious blonde tresses red.

An absolute triumph for Clint Eastwood, who was robbed of Best Actor and Best Director nominations for his work. Eastwood is superb as a bigoted, recently widowed Korean war veteran whose accidental friendship with a pair of Asian teenagers who live next door to him gets him involved with some serious gangbangers. This is appointment movie viewing, especially for fans of the star...upping my original rating.

The director of White Men Can't Jump and the writers of Splash are responsible for this winning comedy about a trio of buddies who take a vacation participating in an actual cattle drive. I had forgotten how funny this movie is...the screenplay is surprisingly intelligent and I love the way it never lets the viewer forget that even though these guys are playing cowboy, they are regular Joes who have issues back home. Crystal is perfection and even though he is not billed, I'm pretty sure he had a hand in the screenplay. My favorite scenes are the stampede Crystal causes with his coffee maker, when the three guys talk about the best and worst days of their lives, and of course, Crystal's assistance in the birth of a baby calf which he names Norman. Palance is a lot of fun as Curly, but the performance is hardly Oscar worthy, his Lifetime Achievement award really should have gone to Tommy Lee Jones for JFK, but I understand the win. Severely underrated movie comedy.

Lords of Chaos (2018)

Kinda like American Pie meets Come and See.

Very well said! he he

It's the bohemian rhapsody but with black metal.
Didn't liked the way they portraied the chuch burning. In real life, it was more a cultural thing against christianity.
Also, what the hell was that with Faust (from one ofthe best bands ever EMPEROR)?
He was in the corner during the entire movie, when he murder the homossexual guy, I was like... WTF, so this is Faust? XD

As a norwegian black metal fan, I was expecting at least a good portrayed of what Black Metal means, shame...

Welcome to the human race...
Hell of a recommendation for Bacurau up there (don't think it'll hit wide release until next year though).

Ad Astra -

like if Interstellar was good

Rick and Morty: Lawnmower Dog (TV, 2013) 8/10

Loved this, and I was laughing my head off at Scary Terry's incessant and often out-of-place uses of "bitch" (surely a reference to Freddy vs. Jason). The dog plotline was also brilliant.

Shortly after becoming a fan of Rick and Morty I discovered that it was partly based on Doctor Who, but it would be interesting to find out exactly what era/Doctor the creators first saw, or the one that proved the most influential. The scenarios and the science fiction ideas are frequently as imaginative and the situation of Rick and Morty escaping into the dreams of a chain of characters was very like my onetime favourite programme.

A film for Rambo fans.
A film that doesnt give a **** about anything.
A true action movie. One of the best of the year.
Not for the ones who think movies should be just an intellectual delight or an extension of their believes.
There was a film critic on yesterday talking about this, describing it as "brutish" and basically giving a negative reaction. What was strange was that I could swear he hadn't realized there was a Rambo film a decade ago, and he was thinking only of the first three.

Please Quote/Tag Or I'll Miss Your Responses
Yesterday Girl - 8/10
Wow. I've been on an Eastern European binge, and was a little surprised that I stumbled upon one in German, but it caught my attention quickly. It's considered avant-garde experimental, stylish, art-house, but don't let this push you away. It's also a great story, one I've never seen in a movie, a character who is a kleptomaniac (which you find out in the first 20 seconds), but it's just so great, and she's great. She wrote, directed, AND starred. For some reason I thought of Vincent Gallo and "Buffalo '66" and then I just find out she also did everything herself, like he did. I also found out that they both never made any other movies that were given any attention, but I'll look.Both movies are also very good, without being pretentious, no waste. I hate when the counter-criticism of watching paint dry is defended as "artsy".

Oops. Her brother is Alexander. She is Alexandra. Damn, that changes so much.