🌟 Star Trek, TOS 🌟

Tools    

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.

He looks a bit like Mr Lorrie, the guy in charge of Space Station K-7 in "The Trouble with Tribbles".

Ghouls, vampires, werewolves... let's party.
He looks a bit like Mr Lorrie, the guy in charge of Space Station K-7 in "The Trouble with Tribbles".
Correct!

Whit Bissell as Station Manager Lurry

The Trouble With Tribbles

As an aside, I found Carol Burnett's performance unconvincing because she doesn't support the "invisible baby's" head while holding it. But she was pretty smooth in attaching the bottle to the invisible wire that carried it offstage.

I'm rewatching Star Trek II and it occurrs to me that The Conscience of the King is the only episode (as far as I can remember) which features the observation lounge.

The Conscience of the King

Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan

I'm rewatching Star Trek II and it occurrs to me that The Conscience of the King is the only episode (as far as I can remember) which features the observation lounge.
I remember thinking that was a cool shot last time I watched
The Conscience of the King. But I never realized that those windows in Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan were for the observation lounge. I learn something new about Star Trek everyday Thanks for posting that.

I remember thinking that was a cool shot last time I watched
The Conscience of the King. But I never realized that those windows in Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan were for the observation lounge. I learn something new about Star Trek everyday Thanks for posting that.
I'm only guessing about the windows in Star Trek II, but it seems a ... logical assumption.

Who said this?
"You were just thinking of someone like me. I'm guessing of course, but you do look a little lonely."
Gosh, that sounds so familiar. Maybe it will pop into my head later.

The Conscience of the King

Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan
That's a kick, Mesmerized.
Cool find!

I always gave a lot of thought to the redesigned Enterprise of the movies (which, along with the observation windows near its underside first appeared in ST-TMP! You know I'm always gong to give TMP credit where it deserves! )

Based on the size the ship is supposed to be, those windows would have to be HUGE - probably taller than at least two decks. If they are that big and they are near the ship's underside (making them somewhat curved), I'm not sure how you'd look out them - maybe on a Plexiglas walkway where you could view space both above and below you - a full immersion experience - kind of like those new aquariums where you walk through a transparent tube that is inside the tanks so fish are both above and below you.

Which brings us to a potential goof in the photo from the original series - it looks like there are windows looking out on space on both sides - this would mean either the ship is as wide as a single corridor (which we know it's not) or they are in an extremely thin area (like maybe inside the struts that connect the nacelles to the body of the ship).

Maybe I remember wrong but I though there was an original ST episode that showed the observation lounge and when we seen the view out the window it was the shuttle bay?

Who said this?

"You were just thinking of someone like me. I'm guessing of course, but you do look a little lonely."
OK I was thinking about this and I that quote might be from The Cloud Minders and spoken by the girl (can't remember her name) who liked Spock.

OK I was thinking about this and I that quote might be from The Cloud Minders and spoken by the girl (can't remember her name) who liked Spock.
Not The Cloud Minders. Try again.

That's a kick, Mesmerized.
Cool find!

I always gave a lot of thought to the redesigned Enterprise of the movies (which, along with the observation windows near its underside first appeared in ST-TMP! You know I'm always gong to give TMP credit where it deserves! )

Based on the size the ship is supposed to be, those windows would have to be HUGE - probably taller than at least two decks. If they are that big and they are near the ship's underside (making them somewhat curved), I'm not sure how you'd look out them - maybe on a Plexiglas walkway where you could view space both above and below you - a full immersion experience - kind of like those new aquariums where you walk through a transparent tube that is inside the tanks so fish are both above and below you.

Which brings us to a potential goof in the photo from the original series - it looks like there are windows looking out on space on both sides - this would mean either the ship is as wide as a single corridor (which we know it's not) or they are in an extremely thin area (like maybe inside the struts that connect the nacelles to the body of the ship).
Plexiglass walkway? I'm thinking more along the lines of transparent aluminum. But you can't have a transparent walkway aboard the ship due to the mechanism under the floor that produces the artificial gravity which cannot be made transparent.

The windows on the left in the tos image may be viewing screens, like on the bridge, which may show the outside of the ship from another angle. Just a guess.