MoFo Fantasy Baseball - 2019 Season

Tools    

And then a two run-homer. Wow. Wow.

Outfielder loses a ball in the sun and it's scored a hit, which leads to Scherzer getting charged with three hits he shouldn't have, three runs he shouldn't have, and costs him the Quality Start, too. Insane. Really hope they take another look at that, because that's positively stupid.

The whole sequence? I've lost count of the number of times it's cost me a run or hit, but usually it doesn't snowball like that.

Anyway, particularly galling for it to happen in a big moment, in the stretch run, where you might be able to draw a direct line from the mis-scoring to the outcome of the entire season.

Hometown scoring bias is really lame and, I've learned the last couple of years watching more games, stupidly common.

I insist on mediocrity from my pitchers. I do particularly enjoy when I see that a guy didn't get out of the first inning. You see that lovely 67.50 or the dreaded 182.00. Goodtimes.

By the way. Excellent job once again to everyone in this league. In a world where era's are well over 4 league wide our league is crushing it with over half of our teams under 4. Pretty impressive folks!

I insist on mediocrity from my pitchers. I do particularly enjoy when I see that a guy didn't get out of the first inning. You see that lovely 67.50 or the dreaded 182.00. Goodtimes.
Yeah, or you see INF, and you're like "okay, it might mean they came in and gave up one hit...or it might mean they got slammed for five runs." And you have to go to the box score to check. That's always a harrowing 10 seconds.

By the way. Excellent job once again to everyone in this league. In a world where era's are well over 4 league wide our league is crushing it with over half of our teams under 4. Pretty impressive folks!
Seconded! This is a great league. Seems like it's been a genuine race into mid-September--and often the last day--almost every season.

A system of cells interlinked
Lem and I somehow manage to dial in a performance that garners almost the exact same result every season. At least we are consistent!

Still plenty of baseball, but yikes, hitters just forget how to hit. I feel like this is the third straight September this has happened, actually.

Kinda weird because there's really nothing to be done about it, when the guys are good and have good track records. You just hope they hit better. And then when they go 1-for-18 you kinda just have to shrug, I guess.

Perfect time for the second best night of the year for my boys who love the roids. I doubt very much I'll hold onto a 12 point lead but man... I am kind of peeing in my pants over here when I see a green 4.5! See, what happened was... Spracky Dave our equipment manager started watching YouTube to learn how to make cheap roids. Boy, was he ever successful. Its amazing what you can learn on the interwebs. Its all very technical but basically he just mixed up a bunch of Chinese roids along with some German roids and some 27 year old budweiser and voila!!! The rest as they say, is history.

Yeah, that was nuts. You got everything you needed yesterday, and then some. When you pickup a last-second bat and he happens to hit a bomb, you know things are clicking.

Still time, but not much left. Gonna need those roid side effects to kick in pretty soon.

Mike Mikolas is like a Loony Tunes character who's run over the edge of a cliff but hasn't fallen because he hasn't looked down yet.

Vegas had him getting knocked around, and had a run line of 12+. Ended up being half that, and he threw his best game of the year. Because baseball.

A system of cells interlinked
My offense, with names like Harper, Altuve, Goldy et. al., has been abysmal for the past week. Not what I need for the final push!

I'm starting to wonder if this is A Thing. Seems to have happened like three of the last four years, with offense in general struggling down the stretch. It's counterintuitive with the September callups, which would seem to benefit hitting, but who knows. Maybe it's more of a stamina thing for a large number of good hitters.

Mike Mikolas is like a Loony Tunes character who's run over the edge of a cliff but hasn't fallen because he hasn't looked down yet.

Vegas had him getting knocked around, and had a run line of 12+. Ended up being half that, and he threw his best game of the year. Because baseball.
Mikolas is a gamer. Sounded like he almost blew up in the first. So, you almost got your wish.

Welp, think this is probably it. There were some plausible routes to a comeback, but most of them involved a pretty good night tonight, which isn't materializing so far.

Still kinda can't believe it was this close after those massive injuries. I'll do a statistical postmortem after but it looks pretty significant.

Even so, it looked pretty good there for awhile, but Scherzer and Syndergaard were amazingly bad down the stretch. Of their last combined dozen starts, you could really only call one of them good, which is pretty insane for two guys like that. Freaky to think I'd have been better off dropping both aces and picking up random dudes all September.