THE PEG (Pickem' Eliminator Gauntlet) informational thread

Tools    

“Sugar is the most important thing in my life…”
As commissioner of The Peg, it is with deep regret that I am announcing the cancelation of this season.

This has nothing to do with a lack of participants, but because of obligations to my dear friend, Antonio Brown.

I will be flying to California to consult with AB and Drew Rosenhaus as we plan the next stage in the life of the greatest receiver in the NFL.

It's probably my fault for not putting the word NFL in the title. I advertised in the Shoutbox, but I don't know how many people peruse that part of the site. If Mr. Green thinks moving this to another sub-forum and editing the thread will help, let's do it.

If we can get 6 total players, we can start on week 3.

The first week of PEG will have a total of 15 picks, a catch-up to allow the scoring cycle to remain the same.

I always liked Peg. I would give it a go.

Remember:
Week 3 = 15 picks
You can only use a team once until you have used all 32

I think when picking by the spread, there's no need for restrictions or complications.

I don't know what the restriction or complication is.

You just have to use every team once. After this catch-up week, there will be 5 picks a week, until the week you use the final 7 teams.

I don't know what the restriction or complication is.

You just have to use every team once. After this catch-up week, there will be 5 picks a week, until the week you use the final 7 teams.
I mean when picking against the spread, half the battle is picking which game. If you have to pick certain games or can't pick certain teams because you used them already, it kind of takes the point away.

Even having to pick 15 games in one week strikes me as counterproductive. I know it's because we missed the first 2 weeks, but 5 a week would still equal 75 picks for the year.

Week Tree

Jags
Bengals
Broncos
Colts
Ravens
Raiders
Jets
Lions
Cardinals
Giants
Texans
49ers
Seahawks
Rams
Redskins

Barring any unseen circumstances, it is what it is.

MINSHHHHHEEEEEWWWWWWWW!

And what is it?

But seriously, not sure if we just pick a few games, do we pick against the spread you posted earlier, etc. Wasn't sure if those were ironclad or being discussed. Please confirm and I'll get my picks right in.

Week 3 = 15 picks
Week 4 = 5 picks
Week 5 = 5 picks
Week 6 = 7 picks

Reset

Week 17 will be have to be adjusted.

The post with the spread was updated with CAR/ARI.

Let the night air cool you off
Bengals
Dolphins
Broncos
Colts
Ravens
Raiders
Jets
Lions
Cardinals
Buccaneers
Texans
49ers
Seahawks
Rams
Bears

Missing out of the Thursday game meant that I had to put a pick in for every game, which meant that I pretty much had to hope the Jets and the Dolphins wouldn't be as obliterated as expected.

Let the night air cool you off
I was pretty close to taking both the Pats and the Cowboys over those huge spreads, but decided that maybe garbage time scores will be the only time the Dolphins and Jets have the chance of covering anything.