Enough with the lengthy advertisements, YouTubers

Tools    

The truth is in here
I tried to accept it. I get that it's the most guaranteed way to make money, that many put them in because they have no choice.

But I HATE the way so many go about them.

Don't interrupt an interesting video midthrough just to start advertising all of a sudden. The segways are not "clever", they are just annoying.

They never keep it brief enough. If we've already seen the same ad in hundreds of your other videos, you don't need to explain it to the audience so thoroughly what the product is about anymore.

While not as common, some try to come up with sketches using the product they are sponsoring. it might be a cute idea a few times, but gets really old after a while.

The only real acceptable way to put in a sponsorship is after you're completely done talking about the subject and you can safely click off the video once it starts. Why most channels don't do this, I don't understand at all.

It was a little bit shocking to see 51 minutes long ad in 10 min long video

wtf

The segways are not "clever"
Segues.

Does the poster actually have control of the ads? Or do they just agree to have ads and YouTube does the rest?

Does the poster actually have control of the ads? Or do they just agree to have ads and YouTube does the rest?
I think the OP is referring to sponsorships, which are different than actual ads. From what I understand, Youtubers have no control over what ads are played before and during their videos (which is evidenced by all the ads for Christian schools, stores, and other services that play before the atheist content I watch). That is controlled by YouTube and by the advertisers.

How sponsorships are handled, on the other hand, is dependent on the agreement between the content creator and the company doing the sponsoring. So if your favorite youtubers are spending a lot of time endorsing products in their videos, it's because that's what was dictated by the agreement they made with the companies that are paying them.