Rate The Last Movie You Saw

Tools    

The Belko Experiment (Greg McLean, 2016)

Has a few fun blackly comic moments but generally takes itself far too seriously

You can't fight in here.This is the War room!
I Do Not Care If We Go Down in History as Barbarians 7/10

Taxi to the Dark Side 7/10

Hackerville 6/10

Us 6/10

Extremely Wicked, Shockingly Evil and Vile 7/10

After Life 8/10

Music of Chance (1993)

Adaptation of a Paul Auster novel featuring Mandy Patinkin and James Spader. Brilliant claustrophobic take on of the novel and greed and manipulation. Heavy on the allegory but great performances all round (with a healthy dose of gallows humour). James Spader is so believable as Pozzi that you just root for both our unlikely friends. Hard to mark but:

Mysterious Skin (2004)

Good film. i got a bit lost a few times but the storyline with Joseph Gordon-Levitt kept it together (not to decry the subject matter).

[rating[3[/rating]

Thank You for Smoking (2005)

Just remembered this from the post earlier today, and was in the mood for this kind of comedy, so i watched it for the first time.
An amazing satire with some downright laugh out loud hilarious moments, a great tear-down of lobbyists, the good guys, and the "bad guys" in life. Every little nuance between each of the industries was just so perfect and brought even more laughter to the whole film.
Glad I finally checked it out!
8/10

'Julieta' (2016)

The way Almodovar weaves cycles of death and life, mothers and children, parterns and exes, leaving and returning into his narrative is extraordinary. Wonderful film.

7.9/10

I found it very messy and overcomplicated. The fragmented timeline I found frustrating, with too many alternates. All of this for close to 2 and a half hours had me wanting it to end. Saying that, the cinematography was good, as was Leto but nowhere near enough to make me want to ever watch it again.
I thought the same thing the first time i saw it, i didn't actually though anything, i liked the young girl by the middle of the film, she was hot. I was young, i mean, very young, my favorite movie was the green mile, i loved everything about the green mile, especially harry dean stanton, i fond it so charismatic, so unique, genuine and different, and because of that i wanted to know who he was. With him i fond a new door to buddhism, taoism and all those eastern religions ideas/philosophies. Years later i re-watched the film and was one of the most meaningful films i had ever saw, even so, it was messy and over-complicated like you said, could be simpler. I don't think anyone will enjoy this movie beyond the message he presented.

I thought the same thing the first time i saw it, i didn't actually though anything, i liked the young girl by the middle of the film, she was hot. I was young, i mean, very young, my favorite movie was the green mile, i loved everything about the green mile, especially harry dean stanton, i fond it so charismatic, so unique, genuine and different, and because of that i wanted to know who he was. With him i fond a new door to buddhism, taoism and all those eastern religions ideas/philosophies. Years later i re-watched the film and was one of the most meaningful films i had ever saw, even so, it was messy and over-complicated like you said, could be simpler. I don't think anyone will enjoy this movie beyond the message he presented.
Complicated but very thought provoking movie. It's on my all-time 250 list as an honorable mention. After my first watch, I checked out some explanation and interpretation video's about it, which definitely made me appreciate the film more.

The Diary of Anne Frank (1959)

A really watcheable and engrossing account. To me, it doesn't suffer at all from the passage of time. Film and fact apart this is a powerhouse. Humble when it needs to be and strong when it has to be also. Credit to George Stevens for the direction.

For the film:

The Big Chill -

actually not that chill
LOVE this movie.