Movie HALL of FAME Archives & Info

Tools    

I'm already doing one, I don't think I'm allowed to run two at the same time
What??? of course you can...I've run two at a time, maybe even three. In fact I will be starting the 20th HoF fairly soon, which means I'd be hosting two at a time.

What??? of course you can...I've run two at a time, maybe even three. In fact I will be starting the 20th HoF fairly soon, which means I'd be hosting two at a time.

Alright....as long as I've got the okay....

I’d join slasher but I think I’d do a blind nom because I know very little of that genre.

The thing isolated becomes incomprehensible
As in, movies about stand up comedy (i.e. The King of Comedy) or actual recordings of stand up comedy acts?
Actual stand up comedy acts!

I'm guessing the other option would be too limited xD

When do you guys want me to start the 20th HoF?

I was thinking of waiting until @rauldc14 Animation Hof was over....and I know @edarsenal has a few more films to watch in the Pre 30s II HoF...so I don't want to overload anyone by starting the 20th to soon. I also know @cricket and maybe others are still watching silent films for the upcoming countdown, so maybe later for the 20th is good?

So let me know, I can start it anytime, I just don't want to overload anyone with too many movies to watch.

Women will be your undoing, Pépé
Finishing up the animation HoF would be a great idea to start up the 20th HoF. Already have one nomination ready to go -- I think. It's an icon that, surprisingly, never been in one of these yet. It'll also be somewhat of a partial blind grab since I've only seen parts and only the full film in one sitting way back as a teenager. So. . .

I am behind on the pre-30s but that was so I could not a large chunk of the animation and comedy HoFs, which I have and will be working on doing the same for the pre-30s, so that'll work for me.

Also, I won't be doing the Slasher HoF, just never cared for them though I'm sure it'll be some great ones involved.

I am VERY excited about doing a Stand-up Comedy HoF. That sounds like a lot of fun. So, I'd be in on that one.

2022 Mofo Fantasy Football Champ
Also, I am going to start the Japanese Hall of Fame before the year ends, if anyone is interested in that. We willngive it a bit though yet.

Also, I am going to start the Japanese Hall of Fame before the year ends, if anyone is interested in that. We willngive it a bit though yet.
I'd join that one, and also your documentary HoF.

I would do that. I’d probably go with something anime unless we are just doing live action.

When do you guys want me to start the 20th HoF
Ready to go anytime.

Specialty HoFs interest ranked:
  1. Japanese films
  2. Modern era (2001-2020)
  3. VHS/Video Store era (1978-2000)
  4. Akira Kurosawa
  5. Stand-Up

Countdown interest ranked:
  1. Crime
  2. War
  3. Western
  4. 2010-2019
  5. 2000-2009

(War + Crime are the only two genre lists missing in the still incomplete MoFo list section, which is weird because the top 2 movies on Movie Forums: Top 100 are Crime flicks)

When do you guys want me to start the 20th HoF
Ready to go anytime.

Specialty HoFs interest ranked:
  1. Japanese films
  2. Modern era (2001-2020)
  3. VHS/Video Store era (1978-2000)
  4. Akira Kurosawa
  5. Stand-Up

Countdown interest ranked:
  1. Crime
  2. War
  3. Western
  4. 2010-2019
  5. 2000-2009

(War + Crime are the only two genre lists missing in the still incomplete MoFo list section, which is weird because the top 2 movies on Movie Forums: Top 100 are Crime flicks)
No, we’re still missing Action, Adventure, Biopic, Family, Comedy, Fantasy, Noir, History, Musical, Music, Mystery, Romance, Sport, and Western as well.

Usually after the current Countdown is over we all wrangle around the campfire and reckon which countdown doggie we'll rope in next

BTW, is anybody still watching silent films for the Pre 30s Countdown? I'm working on getting in a few more myself.

Usually after the current Countdown is over we all wrangle around the campfire and reckon which countdown doggie we'll rope in next

BTW, is anybody still watching silent films for the Pre 30s Countdown? I'm working on getting in a few more myself.
Yeah, still (kind of) going. I gotta say, as appreciative I am of this period watching silent films all the time can be a bit tiresome. I think pretty soon now I’ll be sending in my list.