Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic movie

Tools    

I'm not sure if this upcoming movie is little too upcoming and not enough evidence to support that it's going to be coming at all but I figured this is a place to put it if it is.

There is not just rumors of maybe a Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic movie being made but now there's more serious talk of a script being completed for one.

I'm just curious for those who have played the game what you would be looking for the most to in this movie if it is made. Without getting too many spoilers if people come on this thread and haven't played the game but may decide to try it.

For me it taking place about 4,000 years before episode 1 means that the Star Wars Galaxy is a bit different and offer some cool things to see in movies that The Others prohibited.

I for one look forward to the main character coming across multiple Sith instead of only having two total in the Galaxy at a time like the rule of two. Like a group of Sith apprentices that are there to attack them on behalf of Lord Malik.

It will be cool to see in the Cinematic reality a Jedi take on multiple Sith at once before the rule of two.

Also Mandalorians being scattered right after the Mandalorian War still travel in packs at least and aren't all Rogue mandalorians like Boba and Jango Fett. I look forward to seeing groups of Mandalorian take on the main character as well.

I look forward to seeing the use of vibro swords. And also a movie rendition of the main advantage of the Sith Fleet which four spoiler purposes I won't specify more.

The main character is also something I wish to see how they handle it.

So what are your impressions? You can give us spoilers as long as you also gives spoiler warnings and ample space or something before the spoiler.

No one play Knights of the Old Republic? Or would think a movie about it would be more awesome than other video game movies?

I didn't know that's what this meant from the title. Can @Sedai edit it? I would but can't on the phone.
Yeah I got too used to calling it by the short title and guess I just figured the most people that played it knew it as that and the people that don't call it that probably have not.

Then again it's easy to make assumptions like that when it's a single player game. It's easier with multiplayer games for people to talk about popular nicknames for video games over their headsets lol

I didn't know that's what this meant from the title. Can @Sedai edit it? I would but can't on the phone.
You have to realize there's irony with your username posting about this right? Lol

One reason is because...

Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic Movie adaptation

...is a very long line hahaha

The People's Republic of Clogher
I didn't know that's what this meant from the title. Can @Sedai edit it? I would but can't on the phone. Or @Tacitus.
Done.

A system of cells interlinked
I didn't know that's what this meant from the title. Can @Sedai edit it? I would but can't on the phone. Or @Tacitus.
Whoops, just saw this. Was away from MoFo for a couple days. Looks like Taccy picked it up.

Those games were the best pieces of Star Wars outside of the original trilogy.

That being said... doesn't mean Disney won't ruin it.

That being said... doesn't mean Disney won't ruin it.
I know but I still have high hopes. Actually I like the plot in the atmosphere of these games more than the movies.

It's A hard movie to screw up and make bad. But I believe Disney can do it.

What about Knights of the Old Republic would you like to see in a movie. Aside from the lack of Disney in the credits?

I want to see how things play out with the academy on korriban. Or see if they add add the space station above Yavin.

What about Knights of the Old Republic would you like to see in a movie. Aside from the lack of Disney in the credits?

I want to see how things play out with the academy on korriban. Or see if they add add the space station above Yavin.
I'd like to see the setting and atmosphere like you mentioned. Admittedly, there's quite a few elements from the games that are just sort of a different flavor of elements in the original trilogy. Millennium Falcon/Ebon Hawk, R2-D2/T3-M4, Boba Fett/Calo Nord, and some of the other characters and themes that get sort of echoed without posting spoilers.

So I'd prefer if they stayed away from just remaking the OT, even a little bit like the games did.

I'd like to see the setting and atmosphere like you mentioned. Admittedly, there's quite a few elements from the games that are just sort of a different flavor of elements in the original trilogy. Millennium Falcon/Ebon Hawk, R2-D2/T3-M4, Boba Fett/Calo Nord, and some of the other characters and themes that get sort of echoed without posting spoilers.

So I'd prefer if they stayed away from just remaking the OT, even a little bit like the games did.
Sorry I'm tired...

OT?

I like the atmosphere and the uniqueness of the era to not mind if the characters echo a bit, especially since the plot is a bit different.

It doesn't follow the traditional Hero's Journey format that the original trilogy or the new Trilogy does.

It was a different time. Galactic Wars like between mandalorians and the republic or the Sith and the Republic instead of; the Republic against droids, or Rebellion against Empire. It makes a difference.

Again one of my main focus is on why I like the game era is because there are packs of mandalorians and multiple sith.

This means that unlike the movies where they have to limit their Jedi to sith confrontations to a few key battles because they have to be very selective on which ones live or die. We can have the protagonist show their skill against various levels of Sith more often. And still have really great key battles against the really powerful Sith.

Same things goes with a mandalorians. Much more epic battles are possible when a Jedi must try to take down many mandalorians instead of goofy droids troopers or inept Stormtroopers.

Even things that does echo the plots of the movies do it with a different flavor of Adventure. And many of the elements do not.

Kotor feels more like a quest to find or accomplish a larger and more focused goal overall. Still by adventuring to various locations. Rather than a bunch of micro missions and causes to fight against the antagonist group like the movies. And in that way it feels more like Lord of the Rings or The Hobbit in how the adventure feels as opposed to a TV series.

I simply don't want them to screw it up though. I'm okay with them trying. I think if they can pulled off cinematically it would be worth it. I could be alone in that though.