Little boy imaginary talking bear, wears tuxedo to boring party

Tools    

I vaguely remember my older brother watching this movie when I was a child where the main character was a boy that had a magic talking and possibly imaginary teddy bear. It was not animated.

At one point in the movie the boy had to wear a little suit or tuxedo and go to a boring adult party where the bear was trying to keep him entertained or distracted from it.

I tried describing the movie to my brother but he does not remember it and maybe thinks I imagined it.

That elusive hide-and-seek cow is at it again
What decade were you a child? Might help narrow down the possibilities. Was it a movie for kids? Or was it more adult humor?

Was the best animated at all?

What decade were you a child? Might help narrow down the possibilities. Was it a movie for kids? Or was it more adult humor?

Was the best animated at all?
I grew up in the 80s but there's a possibility that the movie came out before I grew up.

It was not animated at all. And I do not remember any adult humor. It wasn't Ted or anything like that.

I really loved Mac and Me but I know that's not it. Because I've seen it a dozen times and it's definitely a different movie from the one I'm talking about.

Nope.

I remember little monsters to well and just seeing a picture of the preview of fuzzbucket I both know that that's not it and also that the creature in that family movie looks way too creepy to try to watch the trailer lol

I just looked at a list of fictional Bears on Wikipedia and I couldn't find it on that either.

If I just dreamed this movie then I think I dreamed it several times when I was younger.

I swear I'm not just making it up to be annoying though hahaha

I just looked at a list of fictional Bears on Wikipedia and I couldn't find it on that either.
Search for fictional teddy bears.
The fictional bears on Wikipedia included fictional teddy bears. But that's only in Wikipedia I also looked up fictional teddy bears on a general Google search. Still not much luck. I'm wondering if it wasn't a movie and possibly an episode of some show did there's something different with each episode. Sort of like Goosebumps but it was definitely not meant to be scary even for kids.

I think it was a movie where there's a possibility it was from the show

It also might have been a movie from the 70s I just know that I saw it when I was growing up in the 80s

And the teddy bear was small like maybe the size of an adult hand.

And I think it looked like the style of bear like the snuggle bear from The Snuggle laundry soap commercials but it wasn't a commercial.

I'm just hoping that it isn't just a small weird part of a movie so it will be impossible to find it.

I thought maybe it was Fred Savage or a kid like him but he was too old and too big quite quickly after just a couple of things when he was younger.

It wasn't The Boy Who Could Fly or the Twilight Zone episode it said you was on before he was already on Princess Bride where he was too old to be the kid.

Vaguely I remember that it might could possibly be kind of a redheaded kid with curly hair but I might also be thinking of something else similar but not the same movie

That elusive hide-and-seek cow is at it again
I'm glad you keep popping in to add more details as you remember them.

Was it an american production? Or at least in accents?

Was the bear ever in motion? Like did he move about, walk, wave, or did the mouth move when speaking? Did it speak at all? Or was the kid interacting with a static doll just laying around or whatever?

I'm glad you keep popping in to add more details as you remember them.

Was it an american production? Or at least in accents?

Was the bear ever in motion? Like did he move about, walk, wave, or did the mouth move when speaking? Did it speak at all? Or was the kid interacting with a static doll just laying around or whatever?
I am probably near my limits of new things I'll remember.

But the bear does talk and move around it was possibly stop motion sort of like clay motion that made it so it could move in production. I don't think the mouth moved but I'm not sure. And it is only the one scene where the boy is with him at the boring party.

I do remember seeing Sparkles or something like that that might have been when the bear appeared or did something magic but I don't remember what.

And I also don't remember whether or not the bear was also wearing a little tuxedo for if it was a bear bear.

I am not for what kind of production it was I think it was American and I don't remember any accent or voice-overs although there is a very tiny possibility it was voice overs since I don't remember either way too well

None of those are it but thanks for trying. It was a teddy bear the size of an adult hand Maybe. I remembered more details throughout the discussion. Look back through.

The Pit (1981) had an imaginery talking bear.
This is the best that I could do.