Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker

Tools    

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
I'm done with getting excited for things Star Wars...

Suspect's Reviews

Welcome to the human race...
I mean, when the bulk of the new trailer is footage from the last eight movies...yeah. As much as I liked the last couple, there's something enervating about seeing promotional stuff for this new installment.

Poe looks pretty miffed to be on yet another miserable desert planet. Makes you wonder why they're there (maybe this is where they meet Jannah?)

>traffic in space
Noice.

Rey mowing down stuff by throwing the saber like Starkiller... pretty sick.

"Your journey..."

"... nears it's end."

Vice President
358 Exchange Place New York, N.Y. 10099 FAX 212 555 6390 TELEX : () 4534

That elusive hide-and-seek cow is at it again
nice business card ;P

"Ever try to forcibly pin down a house cat? It's not easy." - Captain Steel

"I just can't get pass sticking a finger up a dog's butt." - John Dumbear

That it would be visually spectacular was a given, I think.

I'll watch it. Probably mostly enjoy it. Even if it does some things badly, I expect the big moments to land pretty well. We'll see.

That elusive hide-and-seek cow is at it again
For sure. That shot of the destroyer fleet in the storm cloud was very nice. After the awkward tactical positions of all those bombers in the opening sequence of the last movie, that framing kind of concerns me. Looks great! But is it practical in a tactical sense? I've been a fan of most of Abrams' work so I expect to be fine with this one too. I think mostly I'm just on edge, still recovering from my last Star Wars encounter. I don't really want to question everything!! I promise.

We've gone on holiday by mistake
Yea the Star Destroyers in the storm/thunder cloud is an incredible image, to echo Yoda imagery isn't the problem.

I'm not thrilled about Rey/Ren fighting on some big CGI set just like Anakin/Obi Wan on Mustafar. Give me a close encounter in the snowy woods or a throne room fight like ROTJ or Last Jedi.

Dark Rey seems likely to be a vision or a clone or something. Goody 2 shoes Rey turning to the dark side would be a stretch.

Ghouls, vampires, werewolves... let's party.
I'm done with getting excited for things Star Wars...
I have no interest in Star Wars after episode VI. I remember watching episode IV in 1977 when it was in the theaters, and all the hype it created. There were board games and halloween masks selling in the stores, and I wanted to be a stormtrooper. The new movies just aren't the same. The magic has died.

Dark Rey seems likely to be a vision or a clone or something. Goody 2 shoes Rey turning to the dark side would be a stretch.
Or her twin (more recycling of what's come before). Maybe she's Palpatine's apprentice – he goes through them doesn't he? Not sure why that saber's edge would look ragged just like Kylo Ren's; it works that his is a bit madcap but why should all the Dark Side lot be the same.

See Mesmerized, you're taking a rather logical, reasonable, and mature approach to your opinions about Star Wars. Same can't be said for others.

The absolute state of the fandom is actually quite jarring and pathetic.

We've gone on holiday by mistake
Or her twin (more recycling of what's come before). Maybe she's Palpatine's apprentice – he goes through them doesn't he? Not sure why that saber's edge would look ragged just like Kylo Ren's; it works that his is a bit madcap but why should all the Dark Side lot be the same.
Interesting, I think I would prefer bad Rey vs good Rey as a final battle rather than Rey vs Kylo.

Let's not resurrect old, desiccated arguments from the previous films for this one.
The word desiccated just made me think of various hooded, emaciated villains in different franchises. Ian McDiarmid's Palpatine voice and the way he plays him, particularly through the heavy makeup, always reminds me of Geoffrey Beevers' bodysnatching Master in Doctor Who. There's also a certain Babylon 5 character who I'm sure was based on this Master.

I think it be cool if the Star Destroyers we see are Thrawns and Ezra returning to stop the Rise of The Clone Sith. Which Was Kylo Rens plan all along to end the Sith. Kylo kept saying needed to Finish what Vader started. He just thought had to turn dark side. Rey is Light and Kylo Dark. Balance is only way to defeat the Emperor

Interesting, I think I would prefer bad Rey vs good Rey as a final battle rather than Rey vs Kylo.
It could easily end up being Kylo and Rey vs Dark Rey. A bit like "Bigger Jaws" in Family Guy:

See Mesmerized, you're taking a rather logical, reasonable, and mature approach to your opinions about Star Wars. Same can't be said for others.

The absolute state of the fandom is actually quite jarring and pathetic.
Id hardly call these flip floppers true Star Wars fans. I was born when Star Wars was released so been a fan since. The fandom now has the fanbase post prequels which lets the poison in that is a Geeks and Gamers and Mike Zeroh who are youngsters and want to hate everything.

That's it I suppose. You have the audience, who generally don't care about things like canon and the minutiae in the fictional world of Star Wars. Then you have the fans who really care about all that — like I used to about a different show .

A system of cells interlinked

This is obviously some (mind)trick or misdirection by the promoters. They certainly wouldn't just blatantly show "Oh, btw, the main character turns to the dark side and we decided to reveal that in the trailer."

I also thought it was some sort of force vision when I first saw it. Rey already had the mirror trip in TLJ, so it follows that she would continue to have visions of this nature.

Regardless, I am holding out hope that the guy who created Lost will tie up the saga with a nice bow, leaving everyone feeling totally satisfied.

When comes to canon its best to seperate Cartoon Stuff in cartoon stuff. Movie stuff in movie stuff and Books and Games in Books and Games stuff.