63.38%
45 votes
Leonardo DiCaprio
36.62%
26 votes
Christian Bale
71 votes. You may not vote on this poll

Bale (as if it's not obvious)

i am saying this as a guy who owns posters for revenant, inception, departed, aviator, django and once upon a time and none for bale. Dicaprio has what hollywood wants and they noticed it very early on in his career with de niro and james cameron giving him incredible opportunities.

Bale didn't have what hollywood wanted until nolan saw bruce wayne in him. Until then he was just the boy spielberg hired for empire of the sun. So you gotta look at it from underdog perspective when you have bale vs dicaprio.

Dicaprio movies are highly rewatchable and entertaining but that is to be expected because his presence increases the budget of any movie and that attracts top directors like innaritu to try their financially risky projects with him. But Bale's roles are much more hard to pull off. I can easily see Bale playing many of dicaprio roles and bring more or less the same effect to the character. In case of revenant bale would have brought 1000 % more. But I can't see dicaprio playing half the roles that bale played.

It's the same character from blood diamond -> inception ->shutter island -> revenant. I don't see any difference between these roles. All those are roles that relies heavily on the empathy factor of a movie star. But i don't see a trace of american psycho in vice or the fighter or american hustle or bruce wayne. That to me is something an actor earns as opposed to being perks of his position like many of dicaprio's roles. Chris Evans making a netflix movie like red sea diving resort is not a challenge for an actor , they are just perks of being the lead of the biggest movie of all time. Red sea diving resort with chris evans is the same as inception/shutter island/revenant/blood diamond for leo. There is no risk there except the fact that betting on people showing up to the movie in masses which is not in his control. He couldnt answer why people wanna watch him ? he has no control over it. That seems unearned to me.But as i said...his movies are rewatchable.

This doesn't make any sense. What the hell are you talking about?
it's called perception...you think it's great because he is doing it..but in reality if the same scenes were done by other actors just as good even then your reaction would be different...is that clear enough for you ?

The truth is in here
You talk about perception, but you sound more like you're talking about deception. How are you ever supposed to praise someone's performance in a movie if you might as well go "Well, uuuuuuh, what if Chris Cooper had that role?!". I could rail on The Dark Knight movies since many people before have played Batman and if someone else were in the movies instead of Christian Bale they would still work. Maybe they would. If say Jake Gyllenhaal was Batman instead there's a chance I would still enjoy it.

Yes, I think it's great because he's doing it. So what? That's because I think he's a great actor! You know how it is when you're excited to see an actor you admire in a movie. Don't you lie to me about that.

Either way, comparing Leo and Seth Rogen is completely absurd since they are different types of actors who make different kinds of movies. As much as I like him, I would never want to see Rogen as Rick Dalton instead of Leo.

Bale is the best actor of his generation. It's no contest.
Vice President
358 Exchange Place New York, N.Y. 10099 FAX 212 555 6390 TELEX : () 4534

A system of cells interlinked
Probably two of my favorite actors still working today, but I went with Bale. He has a wider range and also tends to go pretty crazy with his body transformations. I like both chaps, though.

Correct me if I am wrong, but I don't think Christopher Bale has acted in a romantic movie. Leo has. Just adding this to the debate.
He didn't play in a romantic movie but in almost all his movies, his character is deeply in love with another female character.
And Except for Titanic, which other Leonardo's movie could be called romantic?

Correct me if I am wrong, but I don't think Christopher Bale has acted in a romantic movie. Leo has.Just adding this to the debate.
By the way, I forgot to tell you that's not Christopher Bale, but Christian.

I tried to send you a link for his filmography, but a stupid rule prevent the new members to do so. But you just have to look for Christian Bale and filmography in Google and you'll find it easily.

By the way, I forgot to tell you that's not Christopher Bale, but Christian.

I tried to send you a link for his filmography, but a stupid rule prevent the new members to do so. But you just have to look for Christian Bale and filmography in Google and you'll find it easily.

I still don't understand why I wrote Christopher instead of Chris or Christian, and didn't even notice it. Might be the autocorrect.

But I stand by the rest of my post.

As @John-Connor has rightly mentioned, Leo has done his share of romantic movies. Chris hasn't.

Also, I don't consider Bale as an inferior actor. He is unquestionably brilliant. I just mentioned his lack of romantic movies to add to the debate.

You know looking at the title of this on my phone where it was cut off it said Leonardo DiCaprio versus Christ...

And even though I try to be reverent with my religion a thought glanced across my mind in a split-second. And that thought was Christ can take him. Lol

You know looking at the title of this on my phone where it was cut off it said Leonardo DiCaprio versus Christ...

And even though I try to be reverent with my religion a thought glanced across my mind in a split-second. And that thought was Christ can take him. Lol
Ha but wouldn't Christ turn the other cheek in a match up?

Ha but wouldn't Christ turn the other cheek in a match up?
Absolutely. This split second thought is more a reflection of something wrong in my head than of what I would logically think about the situation.

In this case I guess I'm used to making snap judgments on who can take on who, more so than how they would respond to escalating factors.

As an experienced martial artist I tried to deescalate a situation but first I need to be aware of the dangers and size people up.

I didn't mean to do it to Jesus. But there you go. Something wrong up in my head. Lol