Guy invents glasses that won't fall off with extra metal piece

Tools    

A bucket of anxiety
I remember my mom and I watched what I remember to be a really funny movie. I don't remember too much about what the plot was supposed to be because I think we caught it from the middle. (so I definitely didn't know the title) It could've been a Steve Martin movie but I could be wrong. Anyway, the scene I remember is him noticing that a guys glasses kept slipping down to his nose so he recreated glasses to have a long, metal bar in the middle of them, like on the top of the frame that rested on either the forehead of the top of the bridge of the nose. He got really popular for it, but then caused an outrage because the bar was attracting light directly into people's eyes and making them go blind. There a guy with shades who testified about it to the press and after he was done talking, he angrily took off his shades to reveal that his eyes were crossed. He (the inventor) might've even been chased out of town. As in the townspeople were running after him on a bike. I also think the bike was significant to the movie because I think it drove him from misadventure to misadventure.

Can you believe I'd actually forgotten Leap of Faith (1992) existed until it was shown recently .

That elusive hide-and-seek cow is at it again
That would be The Jerk.
I haven't seen that movie since I was a kid and did not remember these scenes, but as I read the OP's description I could only match it with Steve Martin's goofy posturing. It just seemed his style. Your post pointing to The Jerk made me smile.

For some reason I'm now craving a corndog.

I haven't seen that movie since I was a kid and did not remember these scenes, but as I read the OP's description I could only match it with Steve Martin's goofy posturing. It just seemed his style. Your post pointing to The Jerk made me smile.

For some reason I'm now craving a corndog.
I'm craving Cup O' Pizza!