A man uses resurrecting bracelets to rescue girlfriend from Aliens

Tools    

I'm looking for the title of a movie that I've never been able to find on any of those websites that were supposed to be able to help you find movie titles.

The movie is probably in the 80s or possibly at the beginning of the 90s.

There are aliens or interdimensional beings or something like that.

There are glowing bracelets that can heal or resurrect someone.

A man gathers a bunch of these bracelets up, gears up and goes to rescue his girlfriend or some other people from the aliens. And uses up a bunch of them in the process.

That's all I can remember about this movie and that I really liked it

That elusive hide-and-seek cow is at it again
I'm looking for the title of a movie that I've never been able to find on any of those websites that were supposed to be able to help you find movie titles.

The movie is probably in the 80s or possibly at the beginning of the 90s.

There are aliens or interdimensional beings or something like that.

There are glowing bracelets that can heal or resurrect someone.

A man gathers a bunch of these bracelets up, gears up and goes to rescue his girlfriend or some other people from the aliens. And uses up a bunch of them in the process.

That's all I can remember about this movie and that I really liked it
Was this on earth? Another planet? Or like on a ship?

Earth. Near present day for when it was made I think. Might have been kind of futuristic but it was definitely Earth.

Strange – I can't pin that down at all. I thought straight away of Blake's 7 because they use gem-covered wrist bracelets to teleport, and these are occasionally 'gathered up' for many people.

Yeah. And I swear it is a movie I saw at least twice in my childhood. I don't think I was just dreaming... Still I can't find it.

Keep trying – I spent 30 years trying to find out about a film and this is the place my questions were finally answered .

It was Jack the Giant Killer (1962).

This was the thread asking the initial question:

https://www.movieforums.com/communit...ad.php?t=46209

And this is a review I did of the film once I'd seen it again :

https://www.movieforums.com/communit...ad.php?t=49651

Cool. There was a time that I would have used this website for Blind Fury but eventually I saw it again.

Was this on earth? Another planet? Or like on a ship?

Thanks to "Ynwtf" i got directed here as well. Definitely looking for the exact same movie

Yeah. And I swear it is a movie I saw at least twice in my childhood. I don't think I was just dreaming....

If you were dreaming then we must have dreamed of the same one

freedom~empathy~peace
Hi. I've found a possible match for this.
The title is 'Last Lives' (1997), and it stars C. Thomas Howell and Jennifer Rubin.

Check out this trailer:
youtu.be/uwZHh5YxUsk

Hi. I've found a possible match for this.
The title is 'Last Lives' (1997), and it stars C. Thomas Howell and Jennifer Rubin.

Check out this trailer:
youtu.be/uwZHh5YxUsk
You are the MAN! that is the one. not sure how you found it but thanks a lot

freedom~empathy~peace
90% perseverance, 10% luck - (or something like that)

Wow it's really awesome that someone else was also looking for this movie and it's also really awesome that someone else was able to find it.

Now if I remember right when he went to go rescue his girl he gathered up all the freaking Resurrection bracelets he could find and put them all on.

I like movies where people think and use all their advantages. If you're going to take on heavy odds gear your ass up first.

And some movies were they would do that the movie finds a way to take away that kind of thing.

It's like oh we put in Resurrection bracelets because we thought it would be cool but let's make all of them be destroyed at the same time so the main character can't use them. This movie was like screw it we made them and he's going to use them. No stupid coincidence that prevents it.

Now if I can only find the full movie Somewhere. I keep traveling back and forth between Central Utah and Portland Oregon for training and everytime I'm in Portland there's a place called movie Madness which usually has thousands of old obscure movies for rent. But somehow here isolated in the middle of Utah I doubt I'm going to find a movie rental place like that or a streaming service on my phone that has it.

Now if I can only find the full movie Somewhere. I keep traveling back and forth between Central Utah and Portland Oregon for training and everytime I'm in Portland there's a place called movie Madness which usually has thousands of old obscure movies for rent. But somehow here isolated in the middle of Utah I doubt I'm going to find a movie rental place like that or a streaming service on my phone that has it.
DailyMotion.com appears to have it in two parts.
Last Lives part 1

Last Lives part 2

Cool. Unfortunately the audio in the picture is too bad to enjoy it. I mean I try not to be picky but if you skip through and listen to the audio in it...

Thank you very much for trying though