Bad Acting, My First Movie

Tools    

A bucket of anxiety
I just wanted to express my excitement for my first animated film, "Bad Acting," starring my husband Joe Forsyth as fictional actor, Victor Fivax who experiences his past movie characters coming to life to haunt him as embodiments of his inner fears. I made a thread about this before when the project was Posters, but a lot has changed since then so I wanted to talk about it again and ask for support

I just wanted to express my excitement for my first animated film, "Bad Acting," starring my husband Joe Forsyth as fictional actor, Victor Fivax who experiences his past movie characters coming to life to haunt him as embodiments of his inner fears. I made a thread about this before when the project was Posters, but a lot has changed since then so I wanted to talk about it again and ask for support
That sounds like a great premise for a story, A-S. Lots of possibilities there..

~Doc

It's a good title, Bad Acting...it catches my attention and makes me curious about the movie. Sounds like a cool premise too. Here's hoping you're film goes big!

Great update, RF! I'm at a loss when it comes to the technical stuff, but I admire your work ethic. It sounds like y'all are having a lot of fun, and are also gaining valuable experience.

Cheers,
~Doc

You mean overacting like al pacino did sometimes xd

I just attempted to watch your latest video and couldn’t get through it. In the future, I’d recommend either speaking louder and enunciating more or just ditching the music. It was difficult to understand you over all that noise.

A bucket of anxiety
I just attempted to watch your latest video and couldn’t get through it. In the future, I’d recommend either speaking louder and enunciating more or just ditching the music. It was difficult to understand you over all that noise.
The latest one posted here or the lasted on posted on YouTube? Because I know the one posted on YouTube was noisy. It had a copyright claim on the song I used and I kinda couldn't take it off because I had exported it as a music file in my editor so my second attempt was just following what I recorded. So I just put other royalty free songs to combat that one. There's a written version on my Kickstarter and my Facebook has the original. Plus the new mic I got is specifically adjusted for my husband's voice at the moment so that's probably why I couldn't be heard in the other one, if that's the one you meant.

The one on YouTube.

When you're asking people to give you money so you can make a movie, you probably shouldn't be putting out such low quality videos. I realize it's a Vlog, but every video you make is a reflection of your abilities as a filmmaker and should be the best that it can be. I see you said you 'constructed it twice' and I'm sure it's a frustrating process, but I feel like you'd be better off posting a late update and doing it right than kicking out something people can't even understand anyway.

A bucket of anxiety
The one on YouTube.

When you're asking people to give you money so you can make a movie, you probably shouldn't be putting out such low quality videos. I realize it's a Vlog, but every video you make is a reflection of your abilities as a filmmaker and should be the best that it can be. I see you said you 'constructed it twice' and I'm sure it's a frustrating process, but I feel like you'd be better off posting a late update and doing it right than kicking out something people can't even understand anyway.
Well, are there any other issues other than audio quality that I can improve?